Pay Up

Kokichi POV

'Shit shit shit! Why now of all times?' I ran to the bathroom with a small bag in hand. 'Thank Atua I made it in time.' I grabbed a pad out of my bag and opened it carefully to ensure I made as little noise as possible.

~After that~

I walked out of the bathroom to see Kaito waiting for me. 'Not right now... Today already sucks' Kaito was one of the few people that knew I was trans. And quite honestly, I'd like to keep it that way.

"What do you want with me?" I asked rolling my eyes, followed by a big sigh.

"I want the money. Now." He held his hand out to me. I reached into my bag to see if I had any spare money on me. I didn't.

"I'm sorry Kaito... I left my money at home. Please give me another day." I crossed my fingers.

"I need it by tonight. No excuses."

"But I-"

"Figure it out freak!" He walked away, hands in his pockets.

'I can't believe I have to do this again. I hate myself so much.'

Rantaro POV

I was talking to Kaede when I saw Kokichi walking toward me.

"Hi Kokichi!" I smiled at him.

He seemed a bit disturbed. He quickly changed his appearance when noticing Kaede next to me.

"Hey 'Taro!" He giggled while running up to me

"Can I borrow $20? Pleaseeee~"

'This is probably Kaito's doing. Damn him.' I was about to speak when Kaede butted in.

"You brat. Stop using him for money!" 'What the fuck?'

"It's fine Kaede. And he's not a brat." I handed him $35 while giving him an understanding smile.

"Thank youuuu!" He jumped up hugging me and ran off laughing.

"You need to stop giving that childish brat your money. It's just a waste." I ignored her and waved to Kokichi. She rolled her eyes at me and walked away. 'Whatever.'

Bit of backstory! (before Kokichi transitioned)

Kaito and Kokichi used to be really close and told each other almost everything. One day Kokichi decided it was time.

"Hey Kaito... I need to tell you something." Kokichi was scared to say it but decided it was for the better.

"Are you okay Kokichi?" He took a deep breath.

"I don't like being a girl. I'm a boy. I think I was just born in the wrong body." Kaito looked at Kokichi in disgust.

"You're joking right?" Kokichi felt pain in his heart.

"N-no. I'm not. I'm serious."

"That's gross. No one's gonna like you anymore!" His heart shattered. Kaito was one of the few people Kokichi trusted as a child. And this happened.

"Wait until I tell everyone! They'll all think you're a freak!" Kaito pointed and laughed.

"No! Please don't tell anyone!" Tears started running down Kokichi's face.

"I'll do anything. Just please..." He begged Kaito.

"Fine. But it will cost you." He smirked

A/N

Hey I'm Mika! This is my first story so I do apologize if it's not the best- But I'm trying :) Thanks for reading <3 Bye Lovelies! (519 words)