Old Life,New Problems

Start from the beginning

He nods and puts on his clothes and grabs his bag.

As he looked through his bag he saw that he still had Zamazenta's shield so he picked it up.

Cody:Oh. Guess I forgot you were still in there. I suppose I'll have to take you back where you belong.

He then puts it in his bag and he gets up to walk out the door.

Cody rode his bike through the forest and reached the Slumbering Weald Shrine in no time.

To his surprise he found Hop was there.

He walked behind him and got his attention.

Hop:Huh? Cody?! What're you doing here in the woods?

Cody:What am I doing here? What're you doing here?

Hop scratched his head and said...

Hop:Nobody ever comes in here,since this is the forest where Zacian and Zamazenta rested. It's the best place to do a bit of thinking,since it's so quiet and all.

Cody:I see...I came here because it felt like I was called here and because I was returning the shield.

Hop:You say you felt like something was calling you here,Cody? That's...Mate,that's pretty uncanny.

Cody:A little.

Hop:Oh,but I hadn't had the chance to tell you! Congrats,on your victory,Cody!

He smiles and thumbs up.

Hop:Honestly Cody...I never thought you'd managed to beat my brother. The greatest champion Galar ever had! He was undefeated till you came around!

Hop:It's actually still pretty hard to believe...Really...You're amazing,Cody.

He blushed at this.

Hop:So amazing,maybe,that I don't even realize just how amazing you really are!

Cody awkwardly chuckled at this since he knew that was a stretch.

Hop turns to the shrine.

Hop:Cody,do you think...Would you be up for one more battle.

Cody looks confused by this but then smiles.

Cody:Ok.

Hop turns to him.

Hop:Thanks,Cody! Then show me the strength that defeated Lee,the greatest Champion we ever had!

He then crosses his arms.

Hop:I'm ready when you are,so just say the word!

Cody:I'm ready!

Hop:This is it!

He did his pose from the semi finals then brought out his Dubwool.

Cody then took out his first new starter,Cinderace who he named Flare.

Dubwool uses Cotton Guard while Flare uses Agility.

Flare then attacks with Low Sweep and lowers the sheep's speed.

It then attacks with Double-Edge and Flare blocks the attack.

Hop uses a Full Restore and Flare attacks with Low Sweep again.

Dubwool uses Double-Edge and weakens the rabbit.

Cody sent her back and brought out Zego.

Zego uses Dragon Dance while Dubwool Double-Edge's again but Zego just dodges.

After Dubwool crashed nearby,it fainted from the recoil of the move.

Hop sends out his Pincurchin next.