What if Maria survived? Part 2

Last time we left off on this, Maria had been recovered by Sonic, Shadow and Tails after being put in stasis for 50 years.

Shadow went on to capture Eggman and make sure he wouldn't cause trouble for now.

Sonic and Tails had blackmailed the authorities into leaving Shadow and Maria alone, or else they would release all data on the coverup 50 years ago.

As a result, the events in Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog both ended quickly since Shadow never gained amnesia like in canon.

But we still have to deal with the events of a bad future approaching.

———————————————————————

06 Original Timeline

Due to Shadow and Maria being together and Eggman being put away for now, most of the stuff in the timeline has changed.

During Heroes, Eggman had been in prison while Metal pretended to be him in order to lure the heroes to him.

In Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman remained locked up due to Shadow getting the drop on the Black Arms when they arrived.

So how would 06 even happen if Eggman didn't try to kidnap Elise and Mephiles never formed from Shadow's shadow?

Well Elise would still go through the festival with no one kidnapping her this time, though being the vessel for Iblis still means the beast was going to come out eventually, even if she died.

Rouge would still go undercover for G.U.N to recover artifacts since Eggman's forces were still running campaigns for him while he was in custody.

Metal Sonic may be just a robot, but he can still cause trouble on his own, he'd just have to find a way to command Eggman's robots in the doctor's stead until he can get a plan to release him.

The robot doppelgänger learned from Heroes that he was going to still need the doctor if he wanted to stay intact long enough to prove he was better than Sonic.

The reason Metal was leading robots to salvage artifacts was to find something to use as a power source and possibly use a new weapon to attack the facility holding Eggman.

The bat spy had no problem sneaking in and getting the relic they were after: the Scepter of Darkness.

She narrowly escapes, but the scepter is broken at the end of the chase, falling on Rouge's shadow.

Rouge watches in awe and shock as she sees her shadow form into replica of her, but a lot of stuff was off.

The doppelgänger gains her body and looks, but the colors are more grayed down and the pink on her outfit is replaced with a dull blue color

But what really becomes unsettling is the eyes, which were green and slitted like a lizard.