4

"You guys have a death wish," I leaned against the wall of the Academy, watching as Viktor fumbled with a set of keys, trying to unlock the professors door. Just hours ago I was welcomed in here with open arms to help out. And here I am, breaking and entering with a crippled man and a nearly exiled man. Great way to spend my night.

The hallway was completely dark, aside from the small light that I was holding for Viktor. You can practically see the nervousness dripping from Jayce and Viktor, I can't blame them though, if we get caught then it's over. I'll get kicked out of Piltover (which I guess isn't the worst thing since I'm going home anyways), Jayce will definitely get exiled, and Viktor will most likely loose the position of "the dean's assistant".

Quiet footsteps snapped me out of my thoughts, although I don't think Jayce or Viktor noticed as they continued to work with the lock. A quiet 'click' rang out, a sign that they got one of four locks open.

"Hm. Willing to risk exile for your endeavor," a female voice said, a bright light shinning on us. I looked at her, instantly recognizing the gold accessories and white flowing dress. One of the councilors. We're fucked. "That's quite the conviction. And aren't you the Arcane user Heimerdinger brought in? Strange to see you here breaking in as well."

I didn't say anything, as if I was trying to convince her that I wasn't there. Jayce panicked, attempting to act natural and Viktor acted like he was lost, saying "Wait a minute, this isn't my bedroom?" I tried surprising a chuckle, Viktor instantly getting into the role as a lost person.

"Please. We can prove that this works," Jayce pleads to the councilor was cut short, her giving him a curious look.

"You couldn't do so earlier today, how is tonight any different?"

Viktor stood up, using the door to hold himself up. "We figured out how to stabilize it."

I stood there, watching the interaction between the three. None of them paid me any mind, as if I wasn't here in the first place.

"I recognize that any worthwhile venture involves risk. Even if you have to drag a innocent tourist with you," the woman spoke, looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "If I was a tourist I wouldn't be here. I stand by what I said earlier, I believe these two can change your city's future."

The woman looked taken aback, quickly giving me a encouraging smile. It quickly disappeared, however. Quiet whistling grew louder and louder, who I guessed to be security was getting closer to us.

Jayce stepped forward, his voice low. "This technology is real. And no matter what happens here, it's going to change our world."

"Piltover is the land of progress, right?" I followed after Jayce. "I was impressed with how advanced this city is compared to my home. Don't let the impossible stop you. Please, give them a chance."

I felt both Viktor's eyes and the woman's eyes on me, no one saying a word. It felt like an interrogation from cops, the woman's flashlight shinning on us as she stared at us, uncertain on what to do.

The silence was broken. "One night, gentlemen. Impress me, or I'd suggest you pack your bags."

The councilor turned on her her heels and walked towards the sound, greeting the person.

"O-oh, Councilor Medarda, you.. you nearly scared me to death," the man's voice said. 'So her name is Medarda? Hm, a interesting name.'

Both Medarda and the man's voice slowly got quieter and quieter, leaving us three standing in the hall. I turned the handheld light back on, looking at Viktor and Jayce. A smile was plastered on Jayce's face, staring at the direction Medarda walked to. Viktor looked back to me, smirking and turning back to the door. After a few moments the final 'click' was heard, the door slowly opening.