Chapter 9: Crow Collectors

Start from the beginning

Jerry: Ehh... Fine.

[Jerry walks over to the table where he put his backpack down before. He picks up the backpack and places it down on the ground next to a chair. He then takes a seat in the chair and rubs his head while letting out a tired groan.]

Jerry: *Tired Groan* Probably shouldn't have stayed up so late last night working on shit in my room...

[Asher walks over to the table and pulls out a chair. Which is a little bit big for him.]

Asher: You should do what I do on Wednesdays!

[He sits down in the chair across from Jerry.]

Jerry: Do what? Sleep until noon?

Asher: Yea, fall asleep at midnight and wake up at noon! It's great for your health!

Jerry: Are you telling me that the reason I never see you for half of the day on Wednesdays is all because you sleep for twelve hours undisturbed?

Asher: Aye.

[Jerry stares at Asher in silence with an unimpressed look on his face. He sighs.]

Jerry: *Sigh* Of course you do...

[The two sit there in silence for a few seconds. There's no noise in Jerry's workshop, it's pretty quiet when no one is working or the forge isn't on. In an attempt to break the awkward silence, Asher talks to Jerry a bit more.]

Asher: Sooo... You said we're heading to the southwestern side of the city, right?

Jerry: Yea.

Asher: And the part of the city in which I used to frequent the most was the western side, correct?

Jerry: Yea, that's correct. Why are you asking me this?

Asher: Well... It sounds like there are different parts to the entirety of Pentagram City, and it sounds like they're named after the direction they're in from a compass. Right?

Jerry: Mmm-hmm...

Asher: Soo... Is that just a way of recognizing the different parts of the city so you don't get lost?

Jerry: Pretty much.

Asher: Well if they're named off of the direction they're in then there should be four of them. North, South, East, and West. Am I correct in saying that?

Jerry: No, but I don't blame you for being wrong. There are actually five of them throughout the city, not many new sinners know that. Then there's the distinct difference in each of the five districts of Pentagram City that make them... Ehh...

[Jerry puts his hands up and makes air quotes.]

Jerry: "Unique".

[He lowers his hands and rests them on the table.]

Asher: Ah. I see... Mind filling me in on the differences since we're heading to the southwestern side soon. And, ya know. So that my chances of survival increase every time I have to enter that literal hell hole of a city.

Jerry: Yea, sure. Guess it will pass the time.

[Jerry cracks his knuckles and looks at Asher.]

Jerry: Alright, there are five distinct different districts through Pentagram City. The districts are composed of large parts of the whole city, specifically the different sides of the city. There's the Northern District, the Eastern District, the Southern District, the Western District, and lastly the Central District.

Asher: Is this official or something you pulled out of your ass that you use?

Jerry: It's not official but a lot of gangs use it to mark territory and figure out where they are. And yea, I do use it a lot.