XII

Phil's POV

Techno is still worked up after I got him away from Dream. He tells me that there is nothing we could do for Tommy, and my heart drops. I go for a walk in the woods to try and clear my head, until my lovely wife flies over and lands on a log in front of me. Her ebony feathers turn into human skin as she gets larger. And when I look up, there is my beautiful wife in her human form, with chocolate hair running down her back and violet eyes with a matching dress.

"Phil, I think I know how to help our son." She hesitates. "But I wish there was another way." I give her a questioning look and she continues. "It involves him dying again."

I sigh. "Of course it does. But before we do anything, we must get him to agree."

"Normally, I would agree with that statement, but if the rest of his soul starts to fade in limbo..." she hesitates. "We would have to do the deed."

Solemnly, I nod.

3rd Person POV With Tommy

Tommy, who is seemingly at peace with his lack of emotions, is struggling. He knows what Mumza suggested isn't a bad idea, but is too afraid to die again. Sometimes, the boy thinks he made the decision, then immediately backs out. It's a constant argument between his logical and emotional sides, yet it seems like the latter always comes out on top.

Finally, Tommy decides to stop thinking about it. And he should probably apologize to his favorite crow. She was just trying to help. Wow, dying has made the once obnoxious boy a softy.

Yo, I'm back. Obviously, this is a whole month earlier than promised, but hey, I thought I needed more time to write. The school year is over, so yay free time, but I can't promise consistent uploads because plans can come up. 

And thank you so much for all the support on this story. Even when I was taking a break, people kept reading, voting, and commenting on this story. It just amazes me how something that I started with no serious intent to finish just became so popular so quickly. So thank you again!

Also, did Ranboo ever announce what his character's limbo is?