III

Tommy, once again is in the void, that he calls limbo. He is only ever here for a couple of minutes at a time, for Dream revives him immediately. The poor boy who once feared being in limbo now considers it a home and even prefers it over being alive. Even though Tommy goes in and out of limbo, nobody else notices. Schlatt is always hungover, Mexican Dream just offers him drugs, and Ghostbur is always crying. Not even Ranboo, who was one of Tommy's close friends when he was alive, noticed. The ender hybrid would tell him that the avian would go a little transparent, but never actually leaves. Ranboo also noticed that this transparent version of his friend was getting more and more opaque.

Tommy and Ranboo were in the middle of a conversation when everything goes silent. Once again Tommy was getting revived. He was used to this by now, even the immense amount of pain he felt didn't make him flinch. 

 But something about the revival was different. There was a woman there. She was wearing a purple dress and a matching witch hat. Her violet eyes and kind smile were vaguely familiar. 

"Hello Tommy," her sweet voice was filled with sympathy. "I have never seen anybody with such a broken soul."

"Wh-what?" Tommy stutters confused. " Wh-who are y-you?"

"I am Kristian, the Goddess of Death." she answers looking at the broken avian. "I was hoping not to see you here so soon, and especially not in these circumstances. You see, death is not something to be messed with. For every revival after the first tears the soul, and you my poor boy don't have much of your soul left in your body. It has been left in the afterlife. I'm afraid you will never be truly alive again. But if you die once more, your soul will be reunited." The woman starts to fade away, and the revival process continues. "I'm sorry my son."