"You still are young, Roran," Orion chuckled. "By the way, is our Royal Library really so vacant that it forces you to seek knowledge elsewhere?"

"It's magnificent; I just merely ready everything it has to offer."

"But I was told there were over a thousand books in there!" a surprised Cerra exclaimed, holding a hand to her hanging jaw.

"An exaggeration, My Queen," Roran smirked.

"Ha! That head of yours never fails to impress! He's a much smarter lad than I was at his age!" Orion happily remarked, amidst his series of hearty, boisterous laughter.

Roran's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "It's not that big of a deal, my king," he replied, concealing his face with his hands. "Not an impressive feat in the slightest."

"Why do you sell yourself so short, my son? Most nobles barely know how to open a book much less read one. Take these Cedanos, for example. Why they..."

"As much as it pains me to bring an end to such an...insightful conversation, I do believe we were here to discuss business." 

Stepping ahead of the Cedano clan was their leader himself. Rize Cedano was a tall, slim man in his late thirties with pale skin, brown eyes, and well-kempt chocolate hair. He forever maintained a cynical aura about him, a quality Roran personally couldn't stand. 

He was wearing a distinguished royal robe consistent with the unique color scheming of the others composing his ranks whilst a bronze-colored crown with a trident-shaped crest slumbered atop his head. Rize provided the Stormlights with a bow and said, "Prince Roran, what an honor it is to see you again after such a long time. My, how you've grown. I'm certain your parents must be most pleased. Oh, how curious I am to see the kind of king you choose to be."

Roran rolled his eyes but played along. "Your words of praise are too much, King Rize. Yes, I've learned quite a lot over the past few years. My one hope is that King Orion and Queen Cerra's teachings haven't gone to waste. What, when I am crowned king."

"You and I both, esteemed prince. A kingdom needs a strong, capable leader. And I only assume you aspire to be a great king as well. The king and queen aren't the only ones you'll have to impress, after all. And, as the eldest sibling, I can imagine you'd long to become a respectable role model. Am I wrong?" Roran flinched. He glanced in Queen Cerra's direction, a look of annoyance gradually molding on her face, and at her bloated belly where she rested her left hand. "You've got yourself an ocean of responsibilities and expectations to meet, Prince Roran. As an old ally of the Stormlight Family, you have my everlasting support in your future endeavors."

Roran's exasperation was masked well with his slit smile. "Your kindness knows no bounds. Thank you, King Rize."

Gareth joined Rize at the front of the group, standing next to the royal and loudly announcing, "I've just received word, King Orion. Our galactic eminence is ready to proceed with the Convention."

"Finally," Rize muttered.

Orion nodded his head. "Very well then, let's not keep him waiting."

Diamond-shaped windows dotting the walls, portals to the cloudy sky, were closed shut by the outside shutters, casting the room in a veil of darkness. Roran felt his heart sink. His nerves electrify. This was the first time he would meet him, the God of their galaxy. And as the last beams of daylight were banished, the room was then washed by a detonation of blue, painting everything in an azure tidal wave. The enormous hologram was birthed from the floor and shot into the air, above everyone's head. Roran gulped as the glitchy figure of a man sitting on a throne materialized before him. He quickly followed his parents' lead, rising to his feet and tipping his head forward.