III: So similar yet so different

16 March 2022

"Is there anyone that is the opposite of Nóra Noki?" asked Jolanda Ajato before she fell asleep.

I have been staying with her for the last three days because she wanted me to stay and I was allowed. On 12 March, something happened. There was something wrong with her. Was it the amputation site? No, pretty clean and well. It turned out to be the drugs. Unexpectedly, Jolanda tried to kill herself with heavy painkillers. She was so bad that they had to take her to the ICU. Her heartbeat was unstable. She was in a coma for two days. Jolanda is well now, she's back in her room. I need to talk with her more often, especially the topics that are not Mia encounters. 

Today, Anna Ivy Way came from England, to visit Ajato. Ivy does not know that Jolanda's both legs were amputated, she had a big argument with her bandmate and her mother, then attempted suicide with heavy pain medication.

We still do have heavy snowfalls in March. It's Fernia, the snow does not stop until June. I'm used to this cold, I don't need too many layers to stay warm. You can guess that hypothermia is very common here. It is true. I stayed in the hospital for Jolanda, I could look around and investigate. On 13 March, the temperature dropped to -23°C in the centre of Tsizhanzha city. It was even probably colder in Valzuk. The next day, I saw a rescue team bringing a hypothermia victim. I don't know how I saw them in that crowd. The victim was covered by a blanket and aluminium foil, I don't think I've ever seen how hypothermia was treated, other than the films. Doctors had given him fluids -sugary water, I suppose- through IV. They were monitoring his breathing and heartbeats. I thought of Mia, Mistress Hypothermia. Had he seen her? I took my Walkman out of my bag. Nobody noticed me, it was almost like I didn't exist. I had a New Order tape in. I put on my small headphones, pushed the play button. I was watching everything. Power, Corruption and Lies. I tried to get closer. The victim looked just like my brother when he encountered Mia. I silently left the ER and walked outside.

I took a deep breath of the frosty Fernindalian air. I came back inside and waited for news about Jolanda's situation. They told me that she woke up and would be moved back to her room. When she was back in her room again, I visited her thinking that I would be her first visitor post-suicide attempt. But I was wrong.
"Welcome back Alex, nice to see that you didn't leave me."
I saw a bouquet of flowers on her bedside table. There was someone before me. I thought of Saša Molwei. He could have wanted to apologise her. Not to me, Molwei thinks I'm insane. I sometimes feel like I'm bothering people for just a common  hallucination which I have not seen by myself.
I sat next to her bed.
"Ivy is coming here."
Jolanda's hands were shaking. She seemed anxious.
"I don't want to see anyone. I'm too tired to speak about the incident. I had a nightmare recently. About Nóra Noki. Please, send her back. I want to be alone."
I left the hospital. Later I met with Ivy in a cafe. She was upset about what happened with Jolanda. Ivy was willing to speak about her encounter.
"Alex, I will tell you everything I remember. I can tell you whatever you want. Jolanda doesn't want to get stressed, let her rest."
Ivy had short curly red hair, she was wearing a black leather jacket over a grey shirt. She had an old military hat. Black trousers and shiny black boots. Silver rings on her fingers.

"What Nóra Noki looked like when she appeared to you?"
Ivy took a sip from her tea. She was drinking a Fernindalian herbal tea which smelt awesome but burnt the throat of the drinker with its bitter taste.
"I was eight. Then I was shorter and I was lying on the ground. Nóra is very, very tall. I can't remember much of her appearance, she was entirely in white. She had a purple lipstick, weird but not the weirdest. Her eye make up looked as if her eyes were melting. I would be very scared if I see such a person while walking down the road."
I remembered Jolanda's sketch again. Almost like Ivy was describing Jolanda's sketch.