Let the Rain Fall

Start from the beginning

"So you broke into my house to tell me that?" I questioned. I was lying on my bed, and Ronella was hanging over me. My sage green sheets were hanging off the side and my checkered comforter was on the other side of the mattress. How did that even happen?

"Maybe." She said. She gave me half a smile. I knew she was disappointed in herself for reading her friend's diary. "It's okay, really. It's just a diary." I spoke. I gave her half a smile as well. "No, it's not just a diary. It's your diary, and I shouldn't have read it, no I shouldn't have even thought about reading it. Especially without asking you. I'm really sorry." She spoke as she looked like she was going to burst out crying. "It's okay, really! I forgive you." I said. I got out of bed and walked over to my closet looking for something to wear for the day.

"Great! Now that we have that out of the way... Tell me about this guyyyyy." She said, poking my side. I slapped her finger away as I said, "There is no guyyyy, it's just a person I met at the beach, we don't even know each other's names. Don't give me a pouty face." I pointed my finger at her as she gave me her famous pouty face that always gets me. Well, not this time.

"Fine," Ronny said and crossing her arms and walking over to sit on my bed. I looked through my clothes and found some comfortable light green checkered pants and a sage green top that said 'beach girl' on it. It'll do.

"That's cute. How do you always have the cutest clothes?!" Ronny spoke clearly, a little upset about my fashion taste. I just shrugged and said, "Thrift store". "You've got to be kidding me, there's no way you got those pants at the thrift store." She pointed at my pants as I put them on.

One thing about us is we aren't afraid to change in front of one another. It never really bothered me, changing in front of people, and it never really bothered Ronny either.

I just shrugged again and slipped my shirt on. "Go on Wednesdays, they bring in new clothes then," I suggested. Ronny just nodded, deep in thought apparently.

Getting out of her thoughts Ronny spoke up once more, "What are your plans for today?" I stopped at the kitchen table and grabbed an apple. To be honest I never really have plans, I just do whatever feels right. And today, my intuition is telling me that beach boy will be back. Never hurts to be there just in case.

"Whatever feels right," I said taking a bite out of my apple only to find out it's rotten on the inside. I spit it out and added, "And the grocery store."

Ronny laughed. My mother was never one to do what normal mothers do, like going to the grocery store or doing laundry, or talking to their kids normally. I've always wanted to go to a father-daughter dance, but even more, I've wanted to have a mother-daughter day. That's what I've wanted more than anything. But I'll never get it.

Ronny could tell what I was thinking and hugged me. "It'll be okay, I promise." She spoke. See the one thing about making promises, is you should at least have a chance for them to come true.

"Yeah sure," I said. Ronny was a bit taller than me. She was 5'7 and I was only 5'3. I was never really that tall growing up. I was always the short one. Even though my parents were tall, I never got the gene.

Ronny just signed at my response and let go. "Well, I have band practice today. It'll be a long one since we're practicing for the battle of the bands later this month. You'll be there right?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side in wait for my answer. I just nodded already knowing I bought the tickets. "I'll be there," I said. Ronny nodded and left my house.

After I heard the front door shut I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. This will be a long day indeed.

| <3 |