chapter two: the discord podcast quiz

Start from the beginning

"These questions are gonna be so cringy, oh my gosh." I said to Dream, not thinking he was going to say yes to taking this quiz in the first place.

Dream started to screen share so I could see the quiz questions and answers as well, then he began reading each question aloud.

" 'Do you try to make him/her happy?' " Dream started. "Well, obviously. This is already starting out to be a crappy quiz. Who doesn't want to make their friends happy?"

"How happy do you want to make me, Dream?" I joked, scoffing at these questions.

Dream tried to speak but couldn't seem to collect his words, and for a second it almost sounded like he was flustered by what I said.

I shook it off though- he was probably just uncomfortable taking this quiz in front of thousands of listeners.

"We don't have to take this quiz if you don't want, Dream. It's kinda stupid anyway." I offered.

"Nah, why not? Let's keep going." Dream said. " Next question: 'Do you get jealous if he/she has a bf/gf?' "

Dream was silent for so long that I thought he had muted his mic on accident, but he finally spoke up.

"...Noooo- no." He said finally.

"Why did it take you so long to answer that?" I asked.

"Well you've never dated anyone in the years we've known each other so, like...how would I know?" Dream asked.

"I mean..." I thought about it for a second. "I feel like you'd know anyway. Just imagine if I had a girlfriend. Would you be jealous of her?"

"No jealous of her, maybe jealous that she gets to spend time with you, though." Dream said quietly.

I scoffed. "Ohh, hear that chat?! Dream wants all my free time to be spent only with him, you heard it here first! Forget Sapnap and Bad, I guess." I said loudly, poking fun at him.

"That's not- okay whatever, let's move on...'Do you get butterflies if the two of you touch?' " Dream said.

"If we touch? Well one, we live in different parts of the world so how would you even know, two, if you try to touch me when we meet for the first time I'll hit you." I said.

I'm not really into touch. I hug my family and friends sometimes, but it's rare- it's usually only when I know I won't see them for awhile. Why would I hug Dream when I meet him for the first time? It just seems unnecessary, but clearly Dream didn't like me saying that.

"What do you mean you'll hit me?!" Dream laughed. "We can't hug once when we meet up? You're going to be living with me eventually and you won't even hug me?"

"Why though? Like what's the point of us hugging?" I asked.

"What's the point? George, you are so weird- friends hug each other all the time." Dream said bluntly.

"Yeah, well, not me and you." I replied.

"Whatever. Anyway, next question, uhh...'Do you have dreams about them?' " Dream read off.

"I've never had a dream about you before. I don't have dreams often in general, actually." I said.

I can't even remember the last dream I had. I would go through periods of having a bunch of dreams in a week, then I'd go what seems like months without dreaming. I guess it depended on how much sleep I was getting.