Chapter 25: UA's Student System

Start from the beginning

(A/N: Okay this is just an aside, but, does anyone else drink warm water when they have a sore throat? I tried it once, and it actually did help me, even if it did taste like it came from a murky pond. It probably didn't taste that bad, but you get my point. Anyways, I know how much of a war crime this is on the internet, so I'm sure I'll see about 100 comments telling me I'm evil. In the meantime though, back to the chapter!)

"You don't need to say that, it's not like you're one of the girls that Mirio tries to hook up with at Izakayas." Izuku retorted, smirking a bit, as Eri laughed, trying not to spit out the water in her mouth, her body flailing around as a result.

"I mean honestly, they probably say that whilst he's hooking up with them as well, that's like a classic line for Mirio, and both times they're not standing. At a bar, she'd be sitting, and later on, she'd be kneeling" Izuku continued laughing a bit himself, wanting to see how much he could make Eri laugh. After all, laughter was and always is the best medicine.

Eventually, Eri couldn't hold it in, and the water went everywhere, almost to the point that Izuku questioned how much she'd drank in one go, as she couldn't stop laughing even after that, her ribs starting to ache, and her cheekbones straining from her constant smiling, small tears coming out of her eyes.

Nejire swung the door open, still wearing her apron, her normally straight long hair a frizzy mess, as the concerned look on her face prompted Eri to speak, although it was no easy task.

"It was him!" She quickly spoke, her voice almost cracking as she burst out in laughter once again, Izuku's laughter making her unable to stop.

"Izuku, what did you do?" Nejire asked, her voice stern and harsh.

"Nothing! I was just.." Izuku replied, still laughing, as he regained his composure and took deep breaths to calm down, before continuing, "I was just telling a joke, and Eri spat out her water." Izuku explained, leaving out a few details.

"Uh-huh. And did you do it on purpose?" Nejire asked, holding a slightly damp wooden spoon that she had been using earlier in her hand, ready to use it if need be.

"Nejire, come on. I would never do something like that on purpose..." Izuku nervously replied, realising that she was blocking the only exit he had, as he quickly handed Eri a towel so she could clean up the mess.

"And now you're making her clean up your mess? No, you know what that's it. Eri, why don't you go into your brother's room, and sleep there? I need to give Izuku a little talking to" Nejire exclaimed, causing Eri to snicker, as she grabbed her stuff and walked out of her room, going into Izuku's hearing his shouts and cries of pain as she did, ironically getting the last laugh in the end...

Present-day

"We're here, looks like everyone's crowded around for something" Ochako pointed out, getting Izuku's attention, as he broke out of his trance, and found a gap between the crowd of UA students. 

A few key figures immediately caught his eye. A girl with bright pink hair, a description that sounded familiar to him, but he didn't think much of it. A tall, slender man with white and red hair, a tall woman with black, long hair. He couldn't take his eyes off her, letting his gaze linger for a second too long, as she noticed him, her eyes turning to meet his, as Izuku quickly averted his gaze, hoping she didn't notice. 

The final two figures he knew quite well, however. Camie Utsushimi and Katsuki Bakugo. It was at that moment that he finally realised that he'd made it. Looking up, he could see the same clear sky that was visible to him this morning, finally content, his mind and heart were able to rest...

"Are all of you done with the small talk? We're already 3 minutes behind schedule." A gruff, tired and slightly angry voice spoke, shutting everyone up, as the gravitas of his voice commanded the space.