35. Backstabber

"Jeno?"

"Jeno!"

"Jeno...?"

His head perks up hearing the voice calling his name. He listens carefully but the voice doesn't speak again. Must've been a dre-

"JENO!" Jeno jumps up, the knife in his grasp. "Jesus Christ Jaemin are you kidding me?!" He huffs. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He frowns. "I came to check if you were okay" He smiles.

"I'm fine I guess" He sighs.

"Is Lu-"

"Is J-"

"Ah..." Jaemin lowers his head. He understood that that meant none of them were saved. "Sorry..." Jeno mutters. "It's... it's whatever, we should probably head back, he'll be wondering where we are" Jaemin sighs. The two fall silent. Neither of them wanted to return to that wretched house. "Well, I'll be waiting" Jaemin laughs. "I'll probably look for Mark if he isn't there, let me know," Jeno says and Jaemin nods. "Alright... I'll see you later" Jaemin smiles before walking off.

A few moments later Jaemin stops, sighing. He didn't want to go back on his own, he was scared. What if he'd messed something up? what if this was a trap and Yuta told Mark and then Mark kill him for it? Jaemin just wanted to curl into a ball and shut the world off.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap around him, their head resting against his back. He exhales. Jeno never usually did this unless it was needed. It always felt so new.

"Thanks," Jaemin whispers. "I know you needed it, you'll be fine," He says pulling away and giving him a pat on the shoulder before watching Jaemin walk out the house. Those last words swirled around his head. Jungwoo had said that too...

Jaemin arrives back at Yuta's and gulps.

Before he could even knock on the door, it opens and Yuta pulls him in without another word.

"Welcome back, where's the other one?" He asks as he waltzes back to the kitchen where he was seemingly cooking something. Other one? he really doesn't give a fuck at all about us... "Dunno," Jaemin murmurs. He was so tired. His legs felt like jelly, he didn't want to talk. "Oh don't come at me with that bullshit, you're my little spy, you know everything" Yuta chuckles. "No point hiding it when Jisung's still tied up and nothing will happen if Jeno doesn't come back" He sighs. Fucking prick. "I don't know where he is now... he was still at Lucas's last time I checked" Jaemin mutters. "Mm... not the answer I wanted but it's good enough, dinner will be done in a moment, I'll go search for him once I've plated it out" He smiles and Jaemin gulps. He felt a weird warmth from Yuta's actions. He was making him dinner... but he'd just forced him to kill his own friend. What sort of fuckery is this? Jaemin thought.

"I'm not really hungry" Jaemin speaks up as Yuta sits beside him at the dining table. "Hm...? not hungry, that's sudden" He chuckles, prodding Jaemin's stomach.

Suddenly, Jaemin's stomach gives an aggressive growl and Jaemin's face reddens in embarrassment. "Don't lie" Yuta whispers before standing back up and walking to the kitchen. How did he do that? Jaemin didn't feel hungry at all, he felt as though he'd throw up if he ate anything... but that growl was definitely hunger. This is humiliating...

A few moments later, Yuta walks in with a plate. "I made pasta, something simple but filling," He says. "If you're still hungry there's more in the pan," He gestures to the kitchen, placing it down. "I grated more cheese too, it's in the fridge," He says.

"Th-thank you," Jaemin says in a small voice. "No problem, eat up," He pats Jaemin's head causing Jaemin to flinch. "Anyway, I'll go look for that rascal, see you later" Yuta sighs before leaving the dining room. Jaemin was happy to finally be alone. This house could be a dream if it wasn't for the events that had taken place in it.