Chapter 9: Aftereffects

Start from the beginning

"Phantom's true identity is Reine. I know this because this whole world was in a light novel, and I come from another universe" The spirit revealed.

"You're lying!" Shido yelled, <Sandalphon> forming on his hand, and raised it, ready to cut down the inverse spirit before him.

"I am right! See it in my eyes! You want proof?!" The spirit shouted back, pointing at his eyes. Even though they looked inhuman, the way the eyes are positioned showed honesty, rather than deception. Shido lowered his sword, but his eyes still fixed to a glare towards the spirit.

"Yes, I want the proof for your claim that Reine, and your bogus claim that you come from another universe. I am still not convinced by your argument." 

"Have you met a spirit called Mayuri?" asked the spirit as it calmed down.

Yes I have, why? Wait, that is why Reine knows so much about her condition?"

"Good deduction. Anyways I have to also reveal that Reine is also a clone of the first spirit, Mio Takamiya, who is your mother. I can return memories of who you were to get a better grasp of who your mother was."

"Choronzon!" 

As demonic pillar erupted from the ground, Shido's mind started to fill with memories as Shinji Takamiya, just like Mio did it to Shido in one branch of the timeline. Memories of Shido's previous life began to open up in his mind, as his body stood there frozen, his brain in another dimension, a dimension filled with all of his happy moments with the girl named Mio Takamiya.

Shido gasped at why Reine called him "Shin" all the time, it was a short for Shinji, his first name in his former life . He remembered meeting Mio, teaching her about the world and her happiness and love as they had fun together, him dying to Isaac Westcott as he was running away with her. 

"Nooooo! This can't be true! These are all false memories, made by you! You are a cruel, cold hearted person! You are worse than Westcott!" Shido accused in denial of what happened, disbelief over his face along with anger. 

"But it is, it is the undeniable truth and I did not tamper with you memories at all, in fact I unsealed them. I apologize again for such a significant reveal." The spirit responded calmly, ignoring the comparison Shido made with him and Westcott.

"Why did you want me to see this?" Shido asked, calming down once again

"Because you deserve to know the truth before death. I had not considered the erasure of your timeline before I died. Also, the reason spirits exist and you have sealing powers is because Mio wanted you to have their powers so you would be with her forever. I believe that she wanted you to gain portions power slowly, before you meet her."

He really disliked revealing the true, disturbing nature of Mio, but the Inverse Spirit just had to spill the beans to Shido, who was dying. The inverse spirit sighed at what he was about to say about the first spirit.

"However, she only sees you as a host for Shinji's memories and would have wiped all your memories as Shido when you gain all of the spirits powers, and she would have killed all of the spirits you sealed so she would only be with Shinji, not you."

"Then why are you doing this?! All this time fixing stuff and stopping Origami from killing her parents!" Shido was clearly upset by what the spirit said.

"Because I don't want to see her suffer from vengeance and hatred she had built in five years. You last saw her in inverse form, correct?" Questioned the spirit

"Yes..." Answered Shido, who was uncertain of how the spirit knew of that, but quickly remembered that the spirit mentioned that he existed in a light novel.

"You want her to have a happy life?" The spirit asked.

"Of course I want her too!" Shido shouted in a determined voice.

"Then this is the best way. No matter how many times you tell her stop, she will continue to push on until she reaches her goal or perishes. That is why I had to finish her off." The spirit attempted to explain it's actions.

"You could have done something else!" Shido snapped, angered that the being in front of him was responsible for the death of his friend.

"Look Shido, I had made a reflection of myself and I can say I feel remorse, no satisfaction when I vaporized Origami with my own weapon. But her parents lived, and Origami now should have a much better life if the cards are played right." 

"Fine, I accept that what you done had good intention, but at the cost of many lives on my timeline!!! And Origami won't be the same! All because of you!" Shido hated the spirit before him. Even though the being was right about what Origami was doing, Shido could not accept it, and tried to fuel the argument even further to prove the spirit wrong.

"I never said I was a hero. But before you tell me "This is obvious!" from my appearance, Mio also killed people to purify the crystals that all of you spirits other than me have. She and I aren't different."

"Fine, just don't do anymore damage to the timeline. I really hope you could be a better person in the future." Shido gave up on arguing, as his body began it's final stages him being erased from existence, as the timeline began to diverge for him.

"Before you pass on, I think it is respectful that I tell you my name. My name is Elias Cheung, one of the members of an organization known as Chaldea, which involves summoning people throughout history to tackle anomalies in time, and fight the evil's of humanity, who come in the form of beasts. I had been sent here as a last resort as the most powerful beast, an alien god destroyed Chaldea's final stronghold. I will take what you said into measure, and I do hope your promise to me will be fufiled."  

"Heh, Just like Ratatoskr, a nonsensical organization that does crazy stuff but in the end has a good heart. Heh, goodbye Elias, wish you good luck in the future." Shido calmed down, not wanting to die in agony.

"Farewell Shido Itsuka. I respect your actions and intentions, and I hope the afterlife has something in store for you." 

As Shido dissolved into dust in serenity, Elias sighed and silently mourned the people that had been erased from existence just by his actions. He dispersed his shell and began to walk home.

...

He knew that he had became one man's hero, another man's villain. However, he remembered that Archer Emiya had done the opposite and regretted his actions, while his younger self in Heaven's feel had risked the lives of many just to save Sakura, but this had done nothing to make Elias feel better . However the mourning was cut short as a voice behind him called out.

"Hey"

It was an individual wearing a hoodie. He remembered that the stalker also wore a similar hoodie. And the face looked familiar, as if he was back in Chaldea. However he did not want to get tricked. 

"Who are you? Wait, are you that stalker that has been following me ever since I got to Tengu City?!"

"Indeed I am."

"Tell me who you are, or else I would have to turn you in or finish you off here!"

"My name is Olga Marie Animusphere, and I remember you as one of the master candidates of Chaldea."