Piece of Art 🦋

Start from the beginning

Liza: That's fine, darling [holds Yara's hand]
Greggy: Where's Bong, Liza? [beso]

Liza: [pointing at Bong] There na at the front seat
Irene: Is it starting na ba?

Liza: Not yet but will start in a minute

As the family entered the event and took their assigned seats, Bong saw Yara and was elated; he missed his niece and wanted to come, but Yara was too shy to go to the front, where Bong was seated, so he just walked to her niece and sister to greet them.

Bong: [elated] Hey, doll!
Yara: Hi, Tito Pops [mano,beso]

Bong: How are you, princess?
Yara: Am so good, how about you, unc?

Bong: I'm okay Yar and it's even better because you're here [cradled her niece]

Irene: You go back there, the host will start na.
Bong: Yes, ma'am [hugged her sister and patted his brother-in-law on the shoulder]

Bong immediately returned to his seat and the event had already begun

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and Welcome to Philippine Art Awards. It is indeed a great pleasure and honor to have you all tonight as we recognize and celebrate Filipino visual artistry. Before we begin ladies and gentlemen we would like to acknowledge the presence of our guest of honor Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" R. Marcos Jr. together with his wife Mrs. Liza Marcos, her sister and brother-in-law Mr & Mrs. Irene Marcos-Araneta along with their daughter, on behalf of PMFTC Inc. Organizer of Philippine Art Awards, we would like to thank you for gracing our event with your esteemed presence. It is truly an exciting evening as we look forward to the recognition and awarding of our Regional as well as National winners."

First winner from the Visayas, our first choice of Excellence: Chito Natural
Second Juror's Choice of Excellence awardee: Raffy T. Napay

"Before we announce the grand prize winner, may I request Mrs. Irene Marcos-Araneta to join Senator Bongbong to award the Grand Prize winner for the Philippine Art Awards this year with a cash prize of P350,000"

The grand prize goes to...Arturo Sanchez Jr.

Bong: Congratulations, Arturo! [handshakes]
Irene: Congratulations on winning the Grand Prize, well deserved!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Philippine Art Awards Exhibition is now formally open."

The exhibition was officially inaugurated at the Yuchengco Museum, and Bongbong and Irene were the first ones to have had the tour whilst also looking at the creations of Filipino artists, while Liza, Greggy, and Yara were all just around them who didn't like being involved in the photos and preferred to just look at the pieces of art displayed.

Yara: These artworks are super galing! [roaming around]
Greggy: [accompanying his daughter] Careful, hija.

Liza: It's a good thing there aren't many people
Greggy: It's better to be safe, especially this time of a pandemic.

Liza: Have you received your second dose of vaccination, na?
Greggy: Oo, you forgot Irene, You and I were in the Solaire car park and had it together.

Liza: Oo nga pala, I forgot, next booster shot.
Greggy: Perhaps we'll get our shot in the US na.

The PMFTC thanked the Marcos-Araneta family for sponsoring the event and the Yuchengcos for hosting it

The PMFTC thanked the Marcos-Araneta family for sponsoring the event and the Yuchengcos for hosting it. Irene joined her child in the corner while gazing at a piece of art.

Irene: Isn't it beautiful, Yar?
Yara: [shocked] Oh mama, you startled me!

Irene: Sorry baby [cracking up]

Yara: [taking Irene to a corner] Take a look mama, this art has a very profound meaning. It symbolizes the two states of the two children, one with a proper meal and much material but is not happy, and the other is at the bottom of the table with not much food but is joyful and content with what there is. [appreciating art deeply]

Irene: [nodded, smiled] You're right, my love. In our lives, we must be content with what we have, be grateful for all that we have, and stop looking for what we don't have. Let us consider that many other people are unable to get food daily, have no parents to care for, and have no place to call home and live. We need to become more grateful for what we have because we do not even realize that perhaps the life we have right now, has been wished for a long time and dreamed for by other people.

Yara: Therefore we should consistently appreciate and be grateful to the people who are always there for us, providing us with a comfortable life free of difficulties, if there are, we can and will always have an immediate solution to it, so Mom, thank you and daddy for giving us everything, for ensuring that we always feel love and happy. I love you so much, mama [lovingly embraced her mom]

 I love you so much, mama [lovingly embraced her mom]

The couples said their goodbyes. On the way home, Yara dozed off while leaning against her mom.

Irene: [sense of pride] You know, babe, this little girl appreciates the absolute meaning of art, not just the craft itself.
Greggy: You have the same love for art as she does, honey.

Irene: Each day, I am so impressed with our daughter.

Greggy smooched Yara's cheeks and gently kissed Irene's hand while she sweetly caressed her daughter's hair.

~~

Note: Before I close this part, to my readers, you are very welcome to suggest or comment if you have a scene in mind with Ms. Irene's photos or videos and the Marcoses as well, that you'd like me to create a storyline or scenarios out of it. And, once again, thank you so much for taking the time to read The Good Family, I truly appreciate it! Take care and see you in my next chapter.