Lucky to Have You

As Y/N walks down the alleyway, they notice that Red Son is looking directly at them. "Hello once again opponent..." he shifts towards them. He seems to be slightly nervous, not nervous enough to notice unless you're really looking. He had seen you walking with Mei and MK, and knew that they were probably close by. He didn't want to start a fight with them this late at night, and just wanted to go home.

This person in front of him seemed naive as to who he was...he thought, "Maybe they might not fight back? Maybe they could be a potential friend..." he shifted awkwardly towards Y/N, and put his hand on the back of his neck. Maybe attempting to form a friendship with your enemy's friend was a bad idea, of course it's a bad idea! It would never work.

Y/N saw that he was uncomfortable, and said, "It was nice meeting you tonight! Message me if you'd like to hang out sometime." Y/N waved and walked back out of the alleyway, to catch up with their friends.

Red Son moved his hand back down and grumbled. "I wish I would've said something. Anything would've been better than just shifting awkwardly whenever we met eyes!" He looked at the ground, and frowned. This Y/N person seemed nice. They weren't rude to him, and seemed to kinda like him. "Let's go home." He said to himself as he uses pyroportation to teleport back home. As he spawns into his room, he feels the blush creeping back in. "That person..." he mumbled , "they were quite...quite pretty..." he threw one of his pillows over his face. Red Son had never felt a feeling like this before! He felt like he wasn't allowed to, especially since they were a close friend of MK's, and they had just met. They haven't even had a proper conversation yet, without him mumbling and shifting about awkwardly. "I should message them tonight..."

As Y/N reaches the entrance of the shop, they hear their phone ping. They continue up the ladder into MK's apartment. They wave to him and sit down on the floor. Y/N pulls out their phone to check who it's from. "Oh it's an unknown number, it's probably Red Son." MK looked at them in shock,"HOWDIDHEGETYOURNUMBER?!?!" he practically screamed at Y/N, shaking them violently. "I gave it to him! You're making me sick dude aaaaaaa."

The friend lets go and looks over to see the phone. The text says, "Greetings peasant, it is I, Red Son! I assume this is Y/N, correct?" Y/N immediately looks to MK and asks, "Is this how he usually talks? From what I've heard I assume so..?"

"Yeah, that's just how he talks I guess heh...he calls me Noodle Boy a lot." MK puts his hand round his neck and laughs, "To be honest, it's kinda funny. He's extremely over dramatic, and like a theater kid in all honesty hahahaha!" MK laughs, he knows the dangers of being associated with the Demon Bill King's family. He didn't want his friend to get tangled up in it.

"Hey Red Son! Yeah it's me Y/N!" they message him back, and put their phone down. "Hey MK, didn't you buy a new game recently? Wanna play it? MK's eyes light up, and scrambles to grab the game disk. He insert the disk into his gaming system, and the two spent all night gaming, laughing, and talking about things.

Y/N fell asleep around 3 in the morning. "Wow, I'm lucky to have a friend like them. I should probably grab them a blanket." MK thought to himself. As he gets up off his bed to grab some blankets, he noticed a figure standing outside on the building across the street.

"What is that?"

Word Count: 648