Better Luck Nextime

The group managed to get across town to the arcade with minimal property damages. Mei was leading with MK hot on her toes, while Y/N and Red Son fell back a bit.
"I'm glad that you're alright..."
"I'm glad that I'm alright too!"
"I was worried that he'd hurt you. I was scared that you weren't coming back." Red Son said, slowing his pace more. "Just...please be careful darling. There are bad people out there." He whispered taking their hands. "I will, I promise." Y/N replied, giving him a small smile. "Hey let's get going, they're pretty far ahead of us now! Don't wanna lose them!" They said sprinting a bit, then turning to face Red Son. Giving him a soft smile they extended a hand out to him, which he gladly took.

Once Y/N and Red Son finally caught up with MK and Mei, they were standing in front of the Anti-Gravity Arcade. "Hey the place we met!" Y/N announced proudly. "It was such an awesome day! I'm glad to have met you." They said smiling at Red. "I as well." He said giving them a small, but genuine, smile. "Lets go in guys! I gotta kick MK's ass at Monkey Mech lmao." Mei said as she rushed into the building. "Aww come on Mei." MK whined running in after her, with the other two following. As the group made their way around the arcade, Y/N stopped in front of the air hockey machine. "Hey! You ready for me to kick your ass at air hockey again?" They said, smiling mischievously. "Yeah sure. Good luck though, as I am not going easy on you this time love." The two began to battle. It was heated, and a crowd began to gather. Like usual though, Red Son got his ass beat. The crowd let out a loud cheer, and a round of applause.
"Damnit-"
"HAHA! Better luck next time!" Y/N announced, waving to the crowd, then offering Red a hand. "You did well love!" They said winking. "Come on! Let's go find the others!" Y/N said before running off. "Alright alright I'm coming!" Red Son shouted, following after them.

"Hey guys! Guess what!" Y/N said, walking up to MK and Mei who were sitting down at a bench. "Hm?"
"Kicked his ass at air hockey again lol."
"Nice!"
"Yeah hahaha!" Y/N said before sitting down, with Red Son next to them. "Sooooo what do y'all wanna do now? We could go get food, or go out and do something else?" Mei asked, looking for something to do on her phone. "Here! Y'all wanna try this place?" She said turning her phone towards the others, and pointing at a restaurant name. "It's called (uh idk Red Lobster once again, part 2 electric boogaloo) ! I think it'd be nice!" She said looking up, and smiling.
"Yeah sure."
"Sounds good to me."
"Yeah why not!"
"Perfect! I'll make reservations real quick! You guys can go hang around the arcade while I do that!" Mei said, waving the group off.

As MK, Red Son, and Y/N walked around the arcade waiting for Mei to call them, Y/N couldn't help but asking. "Hey...every since Red Son and I became partners, you two haven't even fighting as much. I uh...I'm glad that you two are getting along." They said. "Oh uh yeah, I guess so." MK mumbled looking at Red Son. It must be weird when one of your best friends starts dating the guy that's had it out for you since you got your powers. However, sometimes it's worth it to see them happy. Suddenly, MK's phone buzzed. "Oh looks like it's time to head out."
"That was really quick. Must not be too busy tonight." Red Son thought out load.
The three walked out to the front to meet up with Mei. She looked distraught. "Hey what's wrong?" MK asked concerned. "Someone-someone broke into Pigsy's!"

Sorry for the short chapter again 😞
Word Count: 676