*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠𝟡

-나는 그들의 것, 그들은 내 꺼야-

you never really realize just how loud the silence can be. how excruciating the silence can feel when you're waiting for someone to answer you. when there's nothing left to be spoken, or said. or when you're left alone with your thoughts for far too long.

this silence was just like that. i felt like was going crazy. it felt like that moment lasted a lifetime.

i turned my body to see wonwoo leaning against the wall as he looked at us, at my shocked face. at the horror passing through seungcheol's eyes as he realized wonwoo was going to have to feed on me again.

"seungcheol?" i dared to muster up my voice. "what happens now?" mingyu squeezed my shoulders for a moment.

"now i have to feed on you." wonwoo spoke again, but i could only look at seungcheol, the look on his face.

"damnit," he hung up the phone. the look of frustration on his face was evident. "it's so odd, how can there be no AB negative blood for wonwoo in all of england?" he placed the edge of the phone against his forehead, tapping it again and again, his clenching jaw in the process.

"they know we're here, and if they knew where our home was in la, it's possible they also know other information about us, " he thought out loud. "they know where we are."

"this is a shit situation," he finally placed the phone down and looked in my eyes.

"seungcheol?" i muttered out.

"now you do what wonwoo said, he feeds on you," he finally said, bitter words laced with regret and anger.

🌷

the only good side to this situation was that wonwoo was finally going to get help. either way, this situation was going to go, he was still going to get help.

that was what was going through my mind as. i walked to wonwoo's side hopeful that i would give him some relief.

"are you ok? i know this isn't an ideal situation," he smiled weakly, trying to give me some reassurance. "as long as you get what you need then i'm okay," i smiled back.

he wore a tired look, his eyes were sunken down, and his skin was paler than normal. wonwoo has always been a sickly looking man, but this was different. this was like the time before.

my heart ached as i looked up at his sickly figure.

"let's go," he leaned down and whispered.

🌷

-mingyu's pov-

"are you sure that joshua has everything under control in los angeles?" i stared down at him, worried about what might be happening to them.

"he called last night. he said that they were about to start. that tonight they were finally going take gong-myung out," he paused, "but it's still so strange. how did they find out what we are? how did they know exactly what they needed to kill us?" he pondered for a moment. "we have a mole," he whispered.

ever since we arrived in london, something has been off.

there hasn't been any encounter with gong-myung's people since they pursued seungcheol and areum; it's been radio silence.

they're waiting for a moment of vulnerability to get us. to get her.

but that never explained how they know what we are. seungcheol said it perfectly: we have a mole.

it was unnerving to know someone we trust would betray us. someone we trust enough to know about wonwoo's condition.

but that narrows down the list of suspects.