*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠𝟝

before you read the chapter... i discovered this video of dk from a while back and um... i don't know how to feel. it's literally him shirtless... and i don't know how to feel because he's been bias wrecking me a lot recently... AHHHHH.

edit: turns out it was fake... i'm disappointed.

-나는 그들의 것, 그들은 내 꺼야-

the new school was like any other. i was still mostly alone and the classes were about the same. so, not much was different. the other students there were the same as they ever were, they kept to themselves in their groups, never strayed too far from the people they knew.

everything was the same. at the beginning of me entering school again, we were still jumping from hotel to hotel, but eventually, we rented a small account when seungcheol and wonwoo were sure that they wouldn't be able to find us again.

"areum, what was the homework for english?" vernon entered the room i shared with him; the apartment had three bedrooms, vernon and i shared a room, mingyu and seungcheol, and wonwoo had his room. he was still suffering from not getting the blood he needed, he was in pain and bloodthirsty, so he needed his space.

"we needed to summarize the last chapter," i looked down at the desk where my notes were, not sparing him a glance. vernon was taking school very seriously compared to when we were in l.a., in l.a. he wouldn't try to do any of the work, he wouldn't even participate in the class, but for some reason here in london he's trying.

i could feel his tall figure behind me, both of his arms on the desk and me between them. "what is it?" i mumbled, still not looking away from the papers.

he released a sigh, placing his hands on my shoulder, massaging them; then, moving my hair to one side and placing small kisses at the back.

"why are you so tense," he muttered against my skin, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

"i'm graduating next month, i have to focus on the end-of-year exams. i'm super behind," i complained, continuing to look at the worksheets in front of me. i tried to shake him off a bit, but he got the message.

i was graduating in june and the end-of-year exams were a few weeks away. the teachers explained to me that i could take them a few days after everyone else so that i had more time to study for them, but with what's been happening this year, i haven't had that much time to study at all.

i want to graduate, so i need to pass.

"okay," he let go of me, "i'll help you study then," he sat down on the bed and i scoffed, a glint of humor in my eyes as i turned to look at him. "when have you ever tried in school?" except now, i arched my brow at him.

"i graduated from harvard the same year we got you," he laid back on the bed. "so, i have tried," he imitated my tone.

i jumped from my chair and ran to him, hovering over his body with the happiest smile i could muster, "really, you aren't kidding?"

"top of my class," he chuckled at my antics.

🌷

for the next few weeks, after school, vernon and i would sit down at the dinner table with open books in front of us, helping me study for my finals.

we would study until midnight together, and i would fall asleep with my head on the books. he always placed a blanket over me, or he would go place me on my bed afterward, always taking care of me.

it was a hectic few weeks, but when finals came around, i was prepared for the worst.

🌷