ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴋ

─────── RENEGADES ───────

────── ° ° ──────

NATASHAS POV

Nina stands from the table and rushes outside. Okay then. I excused myself from the table, leaving Melina and Kilorn alone. Probably not the best idea. I followed after the young redhead. It was kind of chilly outside as I found her, iPad in hand.

She pressed buttons, and Alexi (the pig not the human), and a few other pigs walked inside the pig pen. I came up beside her watching as the pigs walked around. She pressed a few buttons on the tablet again, only adding to her frustration.

"The only thing that's going to cure them is those damn vials." Nina said as she put the tablet to the side.

"And right now, we're kind of scarce on it." I noted. We needed all of the vials if we were going to free the other Black Widows under Dreykov's control. Nina nods, picking the wooden fence.

"I used to be one of them," She points at the pigs in the pin. "A mind-controlled pig for almost 10 years of my life."

I can imagine what that sort of feels like. Although like she and Yelena said psychological conditioning and actual mind control were two very different things. "You know," I started as I leaned against the wooden fence and looked at Nina. "I once had someone dig into my head."

Nina scrunched her face up, not believing me. "Who did that?"

"Wanda." I answered as I thought back to that moment. It was after that she had earned the trust of Steve and Aurora and became an Avenger. And one of my closest friends. Right now, she's probably in a holding cell, I hope she's alright. "She gave me a nightmare."

Nina was now curious, inching closer to hear the story. "I saw the Red Room." It was definitely the worst thing ever. I was reliving everything all over again, everything with those horrible ballet classes, the training, what I had to do. What they did to me. A hysterectomy. Because of Dreykov I'll never actually get to be a mother. Not that I would be a good one.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all that," I told Nina as I turned to her. "If I had taken out Dreykov for good you would have gotten freed sooner." Everything that I did that day, turned out to be for nothing. The bombs I set up with Clint, nearly destroying Budapest, Antonia. A casualty that was supposed to be for a necessary evil, turned out to be just evil.

"I don't blame you," Nina said. "Not anymore at least. It's not your fault that the cockroach escaped, I realize that now." I let out a half-laugh, cockroach.

That was definitely an accurate enough description of Dreykov. I patted Nina's shoulder and nudged her lightly. She reminded me of a younger me. Only a few of us Widows ever have a chance to keep our hearts.