ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴀᴛ ɪᴛꜱ ꜰɪɴᴇꜱᴛ

─────── RENEGADES ───────

────── ° ° ──────

"You should've brought the Avengers' superjet." Alexi complained as we stepped out of the helicopter. It of course has crashed because we ran out of fuel. We weren't that far from St. Petersburg; we would have to walk the rest of the way. I didn't mind much, but this would just take longer.

"I swear, if I hear one more word from him," Yelena muttered as we began to walk down a dirt path. "I will kick him in the face."

"I'll help you." I second as I extend my foot to a kick to show I was serious. Yelena scoffs angrily at Alexi. "He's the worst."

Alexi called Natasha back to talk about God knows what. Yelena, Kilorn and I didn't stop for them and kept on walking. "Wait." We all turned when we heard Natasha snap at Alexi. "You haven't seen either one of us in 20 years and you're gonna ask me about you?"

"What is with this tension?" Alexi asks as he looks at both daughters with confused wide eyes. "Did I do something wrong?" Yelena rubs her temple, probably questioning what she had heard. "Is that a serious question?"

"I only ever loved you girls." Alexi defended himself. "I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve your fullest potential, and everything worked out."

Natasha almost scoffs. "Everything worked out?"

"Yes." Alexi said as he motions to Natasha. "For you, yes. We accomplished our mission in Ohio." He walked over to Yelena, "Yelena, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known. No one can match your efficiency, your ruthlessness." He walks back over to Natasha.

"And Natasha, not just a spy, not just toppling regimes, destroying empires from within, but an Avenger."

He grabs both of them and brings them closer, shaking their arms as he talks. Yelena lets her wrist flop while Natsha keeps her arm straight and rigid. "You both have killed so many people. Your ledgers must be dripping, just gushing red."

And that's supposed to be a good thing? And anyway, I thought that he didn't even want that damn mission. He brought them closer, wrapping his arms around them and pulling them in. "I couldn't be more proud of you."

Kilorn and I exchanged looks. Does Alexi even realize that we were forced into doing the stuff we did? That is hardly anything to be proud of. And we've been doing this for years. I myself can remember every single god damn mission I have ever been on.

I am probably the youngest widow in my squadron, and I've run point on quite a lot of missions. Most of them were simple run of the mill heist missions, but some were assassination hits. Those haunt me every day.