vi. stay away

Author's POV

"That child has nothing to do with this.. Let her go.." Wang Wook glared at his brother, who still wouldn't let her go.

"Because of her, I lost the assassin, he was going to tell me who was behind all of this!" Wang So yelled, gripping on Hae Soo tighter.

"Please..." The 8th prince dropped his weapon on the ground, to show he wasn't gonna do anything. And so the 4th prince let go of Hae Soo and pushed her towards Wang Wook, who grabbed her, and pulled her behind her.

Hae Soo stared into Wang So's eyes, who were filled with anger.

"I don't know if this will help- but I saw some people over there,' She pointed towards the direction she came from. Instantly, the two princes looked at each other and then her.

"What do you mean..? Wang Wook asked her, with a serious expression.

"W-Well.. I don't know.. But I saw people gathered there, and I think they were dressed in black clothing too," She couldn't reveal who it was, but she couldn't tell them nothing at all and get hated with the 4th prince and he seeks revenge for it.

In an instant, Wang So runs towards the direction and then Wang Wook, the soldiers and Hae Soo follow shortly.

- - - - - -

Yeo Sook's POV

Maybe I should just move out of the 8th prince's house.. because the 3rd prince is going to kill me. DIDN'T I SAY TO MYSELF TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE? I'm only getting closer from what I can see.

It's either going to be Wang Yo on my back or Wang so. Anyway, they confirmed whatever they had to- I didn't listen because I was spacing out with fear.

Wang So stormed off, and I slumped on the ground.

"Why is it so hard to survive here?" I groaned. Wang Wook looked at me with confusion.

"It's okay, So will calm-"

"It's not like I'm not human, I just made some mistakes," I whined. Wook came closer to me and awkwardly pulled me into a hug. Surprisingly it felt very comforting but he was trying his best not to laugh. I really wanted to cry but I held the tears in. Sniff sniff.

- - - - - -

Now I'm sitting here while being lectured by Lady Hae. Why did you go there? See, you got hurt! You should be more careful. Why are you so careless?

"I-.. got lost.. I was roaming around the market and came across the incident," It was true though.

The 8th prince also tried to convince his wife, saying how we should be glad I didn't get too hurt. I just nodded my head, and smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm not even hurt!" I tried to reassure Lady Hae (talk about becoming a burden again) and my face was going to rip apart with my wide smile. Wang Wook just laughed silently, while lady Hae sighed.

I quietly left the room, as the two started to talk.

- - - - - -

Hae Myung-hee's POV

I thanked the 8th prince for his help. What could have happened if he wasn't there? Soo must have been dead by then.

"Don't worry, you're not being a burden and she isn't either, she's quite amusing too-" Wook smiled, laughing to himself. I was startled by his reaction, this smile.

"The household has many expectations for me, and everyone expects something from me," He went on. "But.. Hae Soo isn't like that, she tries and struggles to solve matters with her own hands, and I find that fresh, like a new breath of fresh air, it makes me want to look forward to seeing her" He looked very pleased and happy, my heart ached.