i. highschool girl

"Yeo Sook-ah, you're here," my dear friend, San Sun-Hee greeted me as I walked towards my seat, in the middle row of the class, near the middle too. As I pulled the chair back to sit down, I turned around and glanced around to see if the teacher was here yet...she was not. That gave her the perfect chance to vent to Sun-Hee.

"Sun-Hee-ya, guess what?" I lazily said as I stretched my arms on my desk. She turned to look at me, plopping her head on the table as well and looking in my direction. What? She mouthed.

"I.. finished watching Moon Lovers yesterday night," I grinned. Oh what a sad show it was, I gave it a go because Sun-Hee kept begging me to watch it, saying I'd love it. And boy was she right. It was a whole rollercoaster, got me laughing like a maniac to sobbing. She grinned back.

"See! You liked it? I knew you would like it!" she suddenly jolted up from her position, and was all smiles. I relate to her, how nice it is to find someone to share your "drama feelings" with.

"I did, I did, why did you make me go through that much pain?" I dug my head in my arms, I felt exhausted, I stayed up till 2 to finish that drama, on a school night too.

She started laughing. This girl loves to make me suffer. "Come on now, you have to admit, it was worth it! The princes were so hot too," Well I had to agree with that, the actors pulled off the characters so well. I wonder if I were to ever (somehow) reincarnate in that drama, would the actors be the faces of all those people? I really hope so.

I just nodded in agreement before the teacher rushed in, and the bell rang, marking the start of our class. We had math first, the worst in my opinion. Sun-Hee kept saying Chinese was harder than this, good thing I didn't take it.

- - - - - -

It was the end of school already, the time when I was left by myself to wander around and make it back home. Sun-hee had left since she had something urgent to attend to. Poor girl, couldn't even eat out with me.

Instead of making unnecessary stops everywhere, I went straight back home. Not expecting the sight I was about to witness.

"Eomma- I'm home!" I quickly took off my shoes and ran inside, I was super hungry. I wondered what she had made for me and just as I was about to enter the kitchen I heard something shatter on the ground. Glass. I heard shouting. I heard sobs. My heart sank.

As I made my way step by step to see what was going on, I saw my mom holding onto another unfamiliar guy by his arms, while his forehead was bleeding, and my dad holding one piece of glass that was covered in blood. My eyes widened and I couldn't speak. Literally. I was frozen.

When they finally realized another presence in the room, my mother was the first one to notice me and her face instantly dropped, and she let go of her arm holding the man. She was coming closer, and closer to me. At that moment, I glanced at my dad, who was glaring at the man. I could only guess what happened. My mom was cheating.

I was scared. I felt scared and alone. Before my mom could touch my arm I turned around and ran. I quickly put on my shoes, heck I didn't even care if I put them on correctly or not. I just ran, straight out of the house, down the neighborhood. I could hear my mom and dad screaming and yelling my name, but I didn't care, I'm tired.

No wonder why my dad and mom had been fighting so often, they'd even hit me once by accident. I was bleeding. But I didn't care, I thought it was a couple fight, but I was being naive. I was near the main road now, after running so much, my feet started to hurt. But my mom and dad, along with that man, were catching up to me. Oh shit. I looked between them and the road, I had no choice. I ran.

SCREEEEECH!

"NAE AI! (my child!)" I heard my mom shout.

"I'm just a highschool girl.." I said, I could feel blood everywhere on my body, but I felt numb, and sleepy. Everyone was rushing over to me.. But I couldn't help but close my eyes.