Chapter 18 - In the Woods Somewhere

Start from the beginning

Diana closed her mouth with her hands in shock. She was left in fright by the news as she realized that the Crimsons had already gone over the line.

The garage door opened slowly as the three cars drive out of the house. Rufus led the way and they all followed him on the way to the Crimsons.

Rion's pack discussed their plan on the road.

"So this ring... If we removed it from her hand, she's gone for good like cold corpse?" Cheryl asked.

"If we can remove it from her hand, yes," Sheila replied.

"What if we can't?" El added.

"Then we all die, that ring still contains Professor Higgin's magic if she managed to harness that power she will be unstoppable," Sheila said.

The pack was left silent as they process what Sheila said.

John and Logan arrived at Rochdale. John was about to go out of the car but he saw Rona's messages. John was alarmed by what Rona said. Logan saw the panic on his face.

"Why, what's up?"

"It's about Rion... He went to the Crimsons all on his own. This is bad."

"You need to go to him right now. I can manage on my own."

"I'm so sorry man. Let's talk again sometime."

"It's all right... It's really good to see you again." Logan implied as he leaves the car.

John raised his hands to Logan as he drove away from the street. He headed back to Hillford quickly while calling Rona. She answered the phone call and talked to him.

"Where are you? Where did you go?" She asked with frustration.

"I went to Rochdale and dropped off Logan. Have you talked to Rion already?"

"No, he left his phone that's why we need to go there before he does."

"Send me the location I'll go there now."

"We can manage, Laura is still at Hillford. Go to her first and take care of her."

"You left the kid alone? What were you thinking?... You know that it's still dangerous with all the situation going on."

"She's 13 with a thousand layers of spell guarding her inside the house. Plus, what do you want me to do? Bring her to the battle that's much more dangerous for her. And also, don't underestimate our daughter she was born a werewolf already without the need to kill someone and she's a half-witch. They can mess with all of us but not her."

"Okay then, I'll go to her. Update me as soon as you get there."

"All right."

John dropped the call and quickly went to his daughter, Laura Ashford. When he got back to Hillford, he quickly hopped off his car and went inside the house.

"Laura! Dad's home," He shouted.