The beginning

Wind was blowing, leaves were beginning to fall. Autumn, a season of which trees begin to shed. However, those trees still keep animals safe. Provide housing for those creatures. Some trees couldn't support life. Not because the trees themselves were poisonous, no, but because of a certain woman.

"I'll name you Asta." Said a woman no more than the age of twenty. She was tired, out of breath, yet she still held her child as if her life depended on it. The child in her arms only cried. It was a sign of health, at least that was what the woman thought. "Hush my little baby. Mommy's with you." Licita said. She shook her child lightly to make him quite down. To her luck, Astas cries went silent. The newborn became sound asleep, and the woman could only smile seeing her son so peaceful. "You gave mommy a really hard time you know." Licita whispered. The woman looked over towards a corner, there lied a small basket with cushions and a tiny blanket. The woman knew what had to be done, tears escaped her eyes and she gave one more look at her son. The woman saw that the child had remained in the same condition as before. Maybe he's immune? The woman hoped. "I'm sorry Asta, but I can't be with you." Licita said. The woman mustered up all her strength to take her child to the basket. The sudden movement woke the baby up and he began to cry once again. The cries of her child was contagious. Licita continued to place her son in the basket and wrapped him so he wouldn't get cold. The woman sniffled and could only continue with what had to be done. "Asta. I will always love you, even if I can't be with you." Her vision had become blurred and her cheeks began to trail down her tears. "I'm afraid if I keep you, you might end up dying." The infant continued to cry, it was truly heartbreaking for the woman. She couldn't contain herself for much longer, so she decided to leave with the child.

In the outskirts of a small village, the woman was walking towards a church. She had hoped the people belonging to that church would be kind enough to take her child in. Eventually, she had arrived in front of the building. Everything was hard to see because it was past midnight. Licita couldn't afford coming in during the day, she could put many lives at risk if she had done so. The woman gave one more look at her child, he was peacefully asleep. Other animals that were larger than you died instantly when coming near me, yet you're still fine. The woman thought. Licita looked around the village, nothing but darkness could be seen. "I can't do this." She said. The woman had made a decision that would impact everything.