Chapter 15- Love

When Satoru arrived to the banquet (y/n)'s mother was hosting, he couldn't wait to go home. He was in no mood to look people in the eye or talk to them in any way, but like always, he was forced to, because of who he was. Satoru represented his whole clan, he was the shining diamond everyone wanted to see. He hated that. Most of the time he wanted to be with Suguru, Ieri or (Y/n), but now, two weren't even there. He was so furious that he didn't spend more time with Ieri, left her alone like she didn't exist, because now the people he obsessed over were gone.

As he entered the hall, he saw Kana and Naobito Zenin walk in from the veranda, the woman giggling. It was an open secret that they had a relationship, but no one could say anything because the Zenin's were who they were. Kana being a key keeper, which gave her a huge amount of power to hold. Because she was in possession of old texts about complicated spells, only really advanced sorcerers could preform and because they people who practiced them big advantages over their opponents, people who were the key keeper of this part of the four jujutsu key keepers, were really influental people in the sorcerer community. The other three key keepers were in charge of similarly important sources, but Kana's task was crucial, because of an incident hundreds of years ago. 

The legend says, Sukuna killed the key keeper of his time and entered the Sacred Hall of Knowledge, thus learning about his godly abilities which made him the King of Curses after he died and became the most dangerous curse ever known to sorcerers. 

Initially the key keeper wasn't Kana, but her husband, Aito, whose family got to be the next key keeper after the first family was wiped out by Sukuna. The keys were passed down from generations to generations and many people admired this family as much as the three big clans. Maybe more. And even more people didn't understand why it passed down onto Kana, who wasn't even a grade one sorcerer. She was a great manipulator like most from the Kamo family. 

Satoru didn't like her one bit, the stories (y/n) told him didn't help either. Now he couldn't even look at her, she resembled her way too much. He was still so angry and confused he could burn up this whole damn space. 

"Hello Satoru, I hope you are enjoying the banquet so far." Kana came up to him from the back and as he turned back he saw the most devilish smile a person could do. "Would you mind talking to me in private?" her smile staying the same, she took him by his arm, pulling him. 

As they started walking Kana turned her head towards him, looking up. "Can you find my stupid daughter?" she said it as it was the most natural thing one could ask. "If you don't want to, fine, but then Naoya will. And that piece of a shit will fucking beat her to death." they got to a corner of the hall, where it seemed like no one could see them. "I prefer to do that myself. Well, not like I could anyways, she is much stronger then I am." she smiled acceptingly. "I won't beg for you to find her, but if you do, I will be forever in your debt. And you want me to be in your debt. You may be the crown jewel of the jujutsu community, but I am part of the machine that shapes the gem. You'll learn soon Satoru that you will need old men's approval for anything, and you won't like it." She pulled him down to her level, whispering into his ear: "The only thing in your favour is that you don't have to sleep with them. And well, of course your powers." she giggled. "But on a serious note kid, you'll grow up and realize how little it means to have power, if you don't know how to use it properly." 

Gojo was speachless by the words of Kana. Was she saying these because she genuinely meant it, or was she just manipulating him like he does with everyone? He was so confused he couldn't even say a word. 

Kana in the meantime only smiled. She stood there in silence. She got into his head, good. He'll help her. 

Then she took off Satoru's sunglasses and looked into his eyes. "If you like my daughter enough you'll find her, I am sure. Don't let her go to waste like you did to your friend, look at where he is now. Did you know he is the most wanted curse user in the jujutsu world right now?"

'Huh? What did she say?' Satoru couldn't believe his ears. This damn woman talks to him like he is a pest, respects no one but herself. But he couldn't say anything, way too many thoughts were going on inside his head, and he was afraid if he tried to speak all of them would come out at once. 

"Fine. I'll find her but don't you ever mention him again in my presence or I'll fucking kill you." he said and rushed off.

Kana only laughed as the Gojo kid hurried away, clearly mad and offended by her words. "Fucking children. Just like his friend, he gets mad so easily, I wonder if they are all like that nowadays." she laughed as she walked back to the waiting crowd. Everything was going to be fine after all, and if the curse shipments arrive to Suguru Geto it will be the cherry on top. 

Meanwhile Gojo ran to the front of the building, rushing out like a crazy person. He had to find you, he couldn't let Naoya do that. You can fight, he made sure no other people could beat you, but him, but what if he traps you? Worse, what if... He couldn't continue, he felt his throat tighten from the thoughts only. He was sure, he will find you, not because your mother asked him, but because he wanted to. 

Maybe he did really love you after all.