Chapter 7- Lies

That night, you dreamt of Gojo Satoru. Gojo Satoru leaving you, leaving you alone with something inhuman, a creature of pure disgust, all human hatred pushed into one creature.

The creature had Geto's voice, calling your name out again and again, its rotting flesh touching your skin, as Satoru watched you. He was unphased by your horrored expression as he kissed your lips, blood spilling from your mouth.

He left with a smile.

You woke up crying, desparetly trying to reach the other side of the bed, to find someone next to you. To calm you, but no one was there as the apartament was empty. You looked at the clock next to you, it was 10 am, as you slowly got up from the bed. Your head was still in pain from the nightmare, your skin stained with tears. You were more tired than before you fell asleep.

You turned your head to the bed, the sheets ruffled, but Geto wasn't there. You coulnd't smile, but you were happy. Well, not exactly happy, but happy-ish. It was unusually quiet in your head, no screaming pain, nothing. That was reassuring, but it was a little bit sad that he left you without anything. No notes, or waking you up and telling you he's leaving. You understood why he didn't do it of course, but it still was painful.

It was a saturday morning now, no school today. You took a quick shower before changing into training clothes, leaving the apartament.

Your head strarted to fill with questions, uncomfortable ones. You decided that a good training session will help you, and anyways, it was such a long time ago since you did that. You needed the adrenaline pump in your chest, the exhaustion after it.

You streched your legs and your body, the still muscles unused for some time.
But before you could start your workout, your phone rang, interrupting. You looked at the small screen with Gojo's name on it. Picking up, a very hungover Gojo spoke into the phone.

"Good morning (y/n)-chaaaaaan!"

"Yea whatever, what do you want Gojo?" your tone became annoyed really quickly.

"Aww come on... I'm taking time out of this precious morning to call you and you're already annoyed?" you could see his pout on the other side of the phone, you knew him too well.

"Come on then, tell me."

"Okay okay- so I'm sure Nanami told you about last night. I am at a girl's house, do you mind coming here? I don't want to walk alone." his voice was low and gentle, it caught you by surprise. How could you say no to that?

Even if he was annoying and straight out weird sometimes, he started growing on you more. After all, he was the one with you in your lowest moments.

Something in you sparkled, even without your knowledge or attention. It was undetectable, but it was the start of something you couldn't stop. You pushed the thought into the back of your mind, saying it's nothing.

"Yea, fine. Text me the adress I'll be there in 30 minutes." you said casually. "Is that okay for you?"

"Thank you (y/n)-chaaan." Gojo ended the call with his usual cheerful tone.

You pushed your iching thoughts away, starting to run, as your phone buzzed, signaling Gojo's text. It wasn't far, so you were fine to jog there.

------------------------

"Thank you." Gojo's voice broke your trance, coming from behind as you sat on a bench. "I guess everything took a toll on me and just came out last night." he laughed as he scrached the back of his head.

His hair was ruffled, you could see the alcohol took a toll on him last night for real.

"It's fine, I was outside so it wasn't a big deal Gojo." you stood up from the bench, making your way to him. "How was your night?"

"Eventful." he smirked. "Besides being drunk as fuck. Yours?" he brushed your hair from your face, looking deep into your eyes, taking off his sunglasses.

Your stomach did a flip, his gaze always made you blush, have a reaction to it.

"Uneventful. Went home, showered and went to sleep. But I'm glad you got your dick wet Hoe-jo." you said sarcastically, laughing when you said his name in a mocking way.

He laughed at it too, pulling you into his embrace. Both of you became quiet, enjoying the moment. But your mind was telling you all the things you didn't tell him.

Liar.

"I hope you always stay with me." he whispered, a faint emotion tainting his voice. "You won't leave me, right?"

You hugged him tighter as you heard his words, not looking at him. Geto's beautiful smile flashed into your head, how the moonlight illuminated him when he asked you to go with him, his body, his voice, you couldn't leave him behind.

"Never."

Liar.

That day marked when you lost to the inhumane creature inside your head, as it took you its prisoner. You choose the path of destruction. There wasn't a way out of this.