Aftermath

At the Mustafu General Hospital, Toshinori, Aizawa, and Naomosa watched over a sleeping Bakugo, incredulous as to how he revived. Yagi himself spoke for the three of them. "He was dead when I checked his pulse... his head came off... how...?"

Aizawa agreed completely. It defied modern medicne, and there was no explanation besides the fact that Izumi Midoriya's claim was true. That she did indeed become some kind of fae. A dark, menacing one, a dark knightly figure, but still... "It's illogical... but I can't help but be thankful no other students are dead. Even at her mercy..."

The lights began to flicker slightly, catching everyone off guard. Behind them, Izumi showed herself. They turned and prepared to fight, but she held her scythe as a walking staff, and showed no hostility. Not even as the other three tensed for combat.

Aizawa was the first to speak. Anger showed why, as clear as it could be. "Why are you here?"
Her voice was cold, truthful, and deathly serious. Her eyes scathingly looked at the blond boy on the hospital bed, but she didn't move. Instead, she looked at Yagi. "I came to tell you why I let him return."

They didn't believe her. That was to be expected, and she didn't doubt their intelligence. It was a credit to their intelligence to not believe her at her word, especially when she had been clear with her actions and her words, they had always been opposed to them. And, in particular, Bakugo himself.

So, she elaborated. With her grandiose version of English. "Well, more like why milady let him return. She loves observing the worlds as they spin through the cosmos. And redemption stories are some of her favorites. So, when he showed remorse, what she perceived as beyond superficial... she gave him a test. His soul is exhausted, but still tethered here. And since he has passed, he can stay. The only time I'll ever see him again is when he is naturally on his deathbed."

She didn't mention whether or not she would put him on that deathbed. And that was the concerning part. Aizawa, to his credit, still remained calm, even if she was a strike against every fiber of his logical being. "Is that all?"
Still gripping the scythe, and keeping it staying tall, she bowed a fluid, more European bow, as compared to a Japanese one. "On my master's behalf, I offer thee a truce. I shall help thee when thee needs it, but thou must not interfere with my work and duties."

Yagi, though, bought them some time. This was the second time they'd heard of this 'master'. In order to be aware enough of the consequences, they'd need to work with the smartest being on the planet. Especially since it seems that Izumi had grown far more intelligent than them. "Can we discuss this with Nezu?"

Izumi, standing straight at this point, deferred to their meeting. "He is the closest thing thou has to a governmental leader within your jurisdiction, so I will contact you in a week's time within Nezu's office."

Naomosa narrowed his eyes, not willing to let her leave without knowing a crucial answer. "Will we ever meet with your... master?"
"No. She has duties far above anything thou can understand. I am thine world's guardian, regardless, so it is me that you will be dealing with. I will leave you to your student." She stepped back into the shadows as the light flickered again. Just as quickly as she arrived, she was gone.

And all of them were more unnerved than they wanted to admit.

Nezu, who had not been involved with the Izumi mess for very long, was surprised by this turn of events. He mused in front of the three men: two heroes and a detective. "A truce? This could be a trap."