Yusei x Reader

[A/N]: Hey guys! I'm back. :) I was playing duel links, and this story is going to be based off of that duel and what could have happened afterwards. ;D

***************************************************************

It was a sunny summer day and Yusei was currently in a tough turbo duel with none other than dark signer Kalin. 

I had my fists clenched and up under my chin while Akiza rubbed my back, trying to calm me down. I was so nervous, my stomach tied in knots, and it felt as if the acid was like a stormy sea. 

"It's okay. He's gonna win," Crow chimed in, nodding his head firmly. 

I shrugged at the comment. I knew Yusei was strong, but could my boyfriend really pull through? 

I squealed as Yusei curved around the corner, taking a direct attack of 1100 life points. "Oh my god! I can't watch!" I covered my eyes, hearing the tires screech around the corner as I knew Yusei was trying his best to hold on. 

He was down to 200 life points and I could not sit still. Kalin had over 1900 life points still and, no matter how optimistic I tried to be... I shook my head. No. My boyfriend could get through anything. I know it. I have so much faith in him... And yet...

Kalin's laughter filled the air as the scene got tense. Aki squeezed my hand, both of us leaning forward. 

Yusei played card after card. It was a blur of events for me. I was so panicked, I couldn't look sometimes. I hid my face in Aki's shoulder, shaking my head. 

"Come on, Yus," I whispered under my breath. 

As if he had heard me, he finally summoned his Stardust Dragon. He destroyed 2 of Kalin's monsters,  but the third one took out his Stardust. Damn. 

"Please! Please-pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease," I chanted under my breath. I knew some people thought it was silly, but I truly believed that Yusei knew what he was doing. Heck, call it heart of the cards if you want to. 

I put my head in my hands, afraid of the outcome. The tires screeching, the smell of the burning rubber, Kalin's evil laugh... It was too much for my brain and heart to handle. 

It felt like hours sitting there, hearing Yusei groan in pain from some minor cuts and bruises the attacks left on him. 

Finally, I heard him summon something... "I summon Red Eyes Black Dragon!" I looked up to see a beautiful dragon appear above our heads, smiling softly. 

As Yusei rounded the corner, our eyes connected. I nodded, and he smirked at me. "Now, with this attack, you're finished Kalin." 

Yusei attacked Kalin and his life points went to zero. I sighed in relief, lying down in Aki's lap - my hands covering my face. 

"Holy fuck," I cursed, earning a chuckle from Akiza. She patted my head, squeezing my hands reassuringly. 

"He did it." She said quietly, as the others went to go congratulate Yusei. 

Akiza and I sat there for a while until the others came back. By now, the sun was beginning to set and the streetlamps of Satellite were coming on. 

I heard a deep voice say my name, making me sit up. Yusei's blue eyes stared into mine. I smiled shyly, shrugging. "Guess you're a champion now." I winked. 

He chuckled and shook his head, coming up to me. He picked me up and spun me around. He put his lips close to my ear as he set me down. "Never would have won without my beautiful luck charm." 

I blushed a bit at the comment, nuzzling his shoulder. 

"Okay, okay. Come on. Let's go get dinner and celebrate already," Crow said, trying to ease the awkward display of affection.