Chapter 5

A/N: Angst again (but with a happy ending!), based off @ask-kantotps on Tumblr (The same art that's above). I hope you guys like it! I promise I'll post pure fluff later, when I have motivation (Also, the angst in this chapter isn't as good. Sorry about that)

What if the battle with Eternatus had gone badly? What if Zacian and Zamazenta didn't get revived from the old relics? What would have happened then?

Ash was about to find out now. Eternatus, after 6 years of being isolated in a pokéball inside of a metal box, happened to finally gain the power to get out of it. The exploded device was laying on the ground, two pieces split apart from the pure strength that this creature held. Ash was defending Goh, arm in front of him, Pikachu on the ground in a battle pose. Goh was complaining, telling Ash over and over again that he'll be fine, that he and Cinderace will be able to attack the legendary with no problem.

"Goh, I don't think you remember, but it wasn't you that weakened the pokémon. That was Zacian and Zamazenta, but we don't have the relics to help revive them..." He whispered, not losing eye contact with the large snake.

They were back on top of the tower summit, the same place Goh originally caught the creature in front of him. Eternatus has been there for the past few minutes, waiting for it to be in it's full power. Eternamax Eternatus. Goh and Ash both knew that, so they were trying to attack as soon as possible. Before Eternatus went into it's final form and pretty much obliterate everyone in it's path. 

The summit itself was pretty much the same, but Ash and Goh wouldn't have been able to tell, since darkness was enveloping the whole place as long as the eye could see. The only light that was there was the light that was being emanated from the legendary beast in front of them, gathering as much of the Galar particles as it possibly could.

Goh once again begged Ash if he could battle alongside the other, not wanting Ash to get hurt in the process. Ash, deciding that he doesn't want to get distracted from the battle at hand, nonchalantly said yes the next time Goh asked. So he doesn't know what he was expecting when Goh walked in front of the older, Cinderace standing in front of him with a pyro ball ready to go.

"Alright, Cinderace, you good at aiming?" Goh asked, to which the rabbit pokémon nodded, not moving his eyes away from the currently glowing snake. "Well then, use Pyro Ball at the core of Eternatus! Where he's storing all his energy!" Goh screamed, Cinderace sharing the enthusiasm, yelled and threw the flaming ball towards the creature.

Eternatus sensed it, and quickly countered it with a dragon pulse. "CINDERACE, DODGE!" Goh ordered, to which the starter listened. He jumped away just in time, Goh grabbing Ash and moved away from the current blue beam of light.

The Pallet town trainer thanked the Vermillion teen, but Goh wasn't listening. He was to busy thinking about a new move to do now that Eternatus' focus was broken by the pyro ball. Arceus, what can I do.... He thinks, looking towards Cinderace as if the starter could maybe give him an answer. After a fast moment of thinking, Goh decides that the main thing right now is to out speed the legendary so he can try and knock it out faster. "Okay, Cinderace, use Agility!" Goh ordered, but Eternatus already saw it coming.

He broke Cinderace's attention by throwing a Dynamax Cannon at it, to which luckily Cinderace dodged. The rabbit pokémon quickly used Agility, it's speed boosting rapidly. "Now, time to see if we out speed now, Cinderace, use High Jump Kick!" Goh ordered, the said pokémon doing as said. Sadly though, he didn't out speed, the Eternatus was still faster then the other pokémon. Goh didn't know what he was thinking, how would a single Agility make a starter faster then a legendary? 

Ash, sensing his distress, pat him on the shoulder and smiled at him. Goh looked towards him, feeling the warmness that emanates from the other's smile. "What is it? I know, I did something stupid..." Goh sighed, but the Kanto trainer just shook his head. "What if I battled alongside you? A raid battle? Pikachu is itching to fight alongside Cinderace right now," he laughed, pointing towards the mouse pokémon, who was looking at the rabbit starter with what almost looked like jealousy. "Well, I guess we should do that then," he answered, looking back towards Ash who (once again) let loose that icon smile, the same smile that makes Goh's heart melt.