Acts of Kindness 🦋

Start from the beginning

Yara: Okay, mommy.
"Salamat sa pagbisita niyo Irene at maraming maraming Salamat Yara sa mga donasyon mo, makakaasa kayo na makakaabot yun sa mga bata at mga nangangailangan ng tulong, patuloy pa sana kayong pagpalain at gabayan ng nasa itaas. "

Irene and Yara were hugged by Sister Ana, and the children said their goodbyes with big smiles on their faces.

As they stepped on their way to their car, A child suddenly ran up and held Yara's hand.

Yara: [shocked] Oh Ava!
"Ate Yara, thank you sa pagbisita samin, masayang masaya ako na nakita kita ulit."

Yara: [moved, holds Ava's hand] Me too Ava! I miss you guys so much.
"Bumisita ka po ulit ha, hihintayin po kita. "

Yara: [smiled, nodding] I will Ava, and I'll bring the Barbie doll that you like, alright? Be good to Sister, Ate Yara will be back soon. [she warmly hugged her]

You could see in Yara's eyes the sincerity and love for the young kids in the center as Irene delights at her daughter's humility toward the people she meets; although Yara doesn't talk much about her charitable causes, Irene is very proud and amazed with the acts of kindness their daughter is doing.

Irene and Yara are on their way to Options Studio in Quezon City, where Irene is the guest of honor of Ole Eugenio, the studio's owner, and their long-time instructor. They changed their garments to prep for their pilates class with Ole; Yara agreed to join but begged her mom that she does not want to be included in any interview sessions or photo op because she is very quiet and reserved about all this, her mom promptly replied and swear that she would not be included in either of those.

Ole: Irene! [beso] Oh Yara! Am glad you joined your mom for today.
Yara: Hi Cher Ole! It's been a while, I miss doing Pilates as well.

Ole: That's good, will show you some exercises to strengthen your core muscles later.
Yara: I would love to learn about it.

Irene: Is Marge here na?
Ole: Yes, she is just in the washroom.

Irene: Okay, so she'll ask me why I do Pilates?
Ole: Yup, while observing us doing it.

Irene: Also Ole, don't include my unica hija, she'll freak out and won't do pilates anymore with me, you know naman my little girl. [laughed]
Ole: Yes, I've already informed Marge that if she needs to take photos for the article, she should only photograph us and not Yara.

Their pilates class has already begun, and Yara is on Irene's side, following her mom's movements as taught by Ole.

"Baby boomers will recall arts patroness Irene Marcos-Araneta as the presidential daughter with the golden voice and the commanding musical conducting skills. Unknown to many, she also has a flexible body fit for a gymnast or dancer" - Marge C.

Irene: "This is my singular talent, and nobody has to know" [with self-deprecating humor]
Ole: She's hypermobile. Her range of motion in the joints is beyond normal

Irene: "I did weird things and got very unladylike injuries" [giggling]
Ole: Before, she didn't know that she was going beyond her range. I reminded her that if she went beyond her range, she'd suffer injuries

Irene: I've stopped getting injured, after doing pilates. This system teaches you how to move properly, and which muscles to use. It's not just about the posture while you're walking. It's also about using the right muscles while you're playing a sport. I need that because I'm very flexible and thanks to Eugenio's sharp eye, dedication, and patience during our workouts.

Ole: And in fact, the coordinated deep breathing in Pilates has also helped her cope with asthma and Yara as well, right Irene?
Irene: Yes, I agree, It not only greatly helps my daughter and me in acquiring muscle control, but it also assists in our respiration, as being an asthmatic pretty run in our family.

As their workout routine came to an end, Marge asked about Irene's latest updates and what was keeping her busy at the moment.

Irene: "Although I only warble in the shower now, I am still involved in music by keeping the PYSB alive. I help raise funds so that their education is free. I have to keep up with kids as young as 7 or 8 years old. They stay up all night practicing and making kalokohan in summer classes. That's why I need Pilates."

Marge sincerely thanked Irene and Ole for taking the time to meet with her team, and before the interview was over, they asked for permission to snap a photo of Irene and Ole, as well as a private photo with Yara, and did promise not to include it in the editorial to be released by the Philippine Daily Inquirer, and Irene's daughter did agree and managed to strike a pose with her mom.

Irene gamely poses on the Cadillac with fitness guru Ole Eugenio. Wearing a top by designer-friend Pepito Albert, done in Abel Iloko, the native weave of Ilocos she's been promoting and helping develop. (ctto to Lifestyle Inquire) 🤍

Ole thanked Irene for her unwavering support and hoped that she would regularly visit with her daughter to teach them even more

Ole thanked Irene for her unwavering support and hoped that she would regularly visit with her daughter to teach them even more. Irene and Yara exited the building to return home. Their driver quickly opened up the door and assisted them to their car, to enter immediately.

Irene: Thank you for today, little girl.
Yara: Thank you as well, mama, for accompanying me earlier [grateful]

Irene: Of course, did you have fun?
Yara: Yes I did, will join you as often doing pilates Mommy.

Irene: [thrilled] Awww, I would love that Yar.
Yara: I love you dearly Mom, proud of you today!

Irene: I'm more proud of you as a whole, baby. Love you my little Irene. [kissed her on the forehead and sweetly caressed her daughter's face]

~~

Yara has social media accounts but it is very private and the only ones who follow them are her family members and known friends. She doesn't just accept requests from random people because of her privacy and security which is what her mom and dad explained to be more careful with these media platforms especially since social media has become a space where being rude and uncouth is acceptable.

~~