"You have completely taken over my mind, my body, my heart. I want to spend our forever together and I wish to never be parted from you, ever."

My hand trapped my mouth, happy tears trailed down my cheeks.

"Will you marry me, Genevieve Hart?" He asked while opening the box revealing a beautiful teardrop diamond as if that's even a question for me. The sound of my real last name brought even more tears to my eyes, he wasn't bitter about who my real father is, he accepted it and me that's why he said it to make sure I understood.

"Yes, of course." I whispered.

He released a bunch of air, he looked relieved. He removed the ring from the box and slipped it on my finger, it was a perfect fit.

"I measured your finger in the morning while you were sleeping." He says. "I wanted it to fit you perfectly."

I smiled, and my eyes fell to the diamond ring wrapped around my finger. I stared at the diamond that was shining in the light, it was beautiful and exactly how I always pictured my future ring. He stood up and slowly grabbed my hand, he kissed the top of my hand softly. My other hand wrapped around the back of his neck bringing my lips to meet his, he deepened the kiss by pulling me even closer to his chest.

My eyebrows grew tense as tears flickered off my cheeks, his lips were locked around mine kissing me with everything he had. It felt like a goodbye, I didn't like that feeling.

He pulled away placing his forehead against mine, we both were breathing each other's air. "I need you to stay with Donovan tomorrow." He whispered, his voice croaked with each letter. "No matter what he'll protect you, I need you to be safe."

"No, I'm staying with you." I cried, my head was shaking trying to reject every word he'd had just said.

"Chula." He tilted my chin with his soft hand, he made sure I was looking at him. "I want more than anything in this world for you to be standing beside me but I started this war, and I need to finish it."

I shook my head even harder with sobs pouring from my mouth, my hands roamed his chest.

"What if it finishes with you 6ft under?" I asked.

He stared at me with nothing but loving eyes, his hand softly stroked my cheek. He brought me in for another kiss, both his hands held my wet cheeks as my hands wrapped around both his wrist. I don't like that answer, not even a little bit. My body lifted against his trying to feel his scars on my skin, I could taste my salty tears and so can he. We pulled apart just a little allowing our lips to hover over each other, I slowly unbuttoned my shirt. His eyes didn't falter away from mine, he kept them locked on mine the entire time.

My shirt slowly fell off my body, his hands pulled off his shirt before letting it drop to the floor along with mine. Our lips slowly met again, my hands tucked between his belt and stomach. My head tilted while deepening the kiss, I slowly started pulling at his pants. They fell to the floor along with his boxers, his hand grasping mine pulling it up to his soft lips where he laid multiple kisses at.

It looked like he was trying to memorize my hand, my touch, and the feeling of my skin against his. He released my hand before trailing his fingers to my bare hip causing shivers to crawl up my back.

He picked me up by his hand touching my bare back, he lowered me down on the bed with his warm body hovering over mine. My hand ran across his cheek enjoying the feel of his stubble, my mind was trying to memorize everything about him as he was doing with me. His eyes stared into mine, it was like we were apologizing to each other for something I'm unclear about.

The silence between us was suffocating but peaceful at the same time, he reached over to his nightstand trying to grab a condom but I grabbed his wrist.

"Don't...I want to feel you, please." I mumbled under my breath.

He looked hesitant at first but after processing what I had said, his hand went back to my hip. I need this to feel like him, I need to remember everything about him but I'm not sure why. I'm not sure why my body is preparing me for something that hasn't even happened or might not even happen, it's weird how my body is preparing for heartbreak.

"Are you sure?" He asked while searching my eyes for any sign of hesitation but he couldn't find one.

"I'm positive." I ran my nose softly against his causing him to smile down at me, his hips touched mine.

My mouth parted when he slowly entered me, my hands crawled to his back as my legs wrapped around his waist. His head was between my shoulder and neck, I could feel his warm breath against my neck. He relaxed inside of me enjoying our skin touching each other, we both are trying to memorize everything about this moment and that scares me.

"I love you." He says against my neck. "I always will."

That made my stomach drop, why was he saying it like that?

"I love you too." I whispered while holding back my tears.

He slowly moved his hips, thrusting inside of me. My nails dug inside his skin marking him with my fingers, and my lips hovered over his shoulder. His pace picked up and my soft moan turned to loud ones, my sloppy kisses ran up his neck to his cheek. His hand grabbed my thigh hiking it higher up his back hitting me deeper and harder, my whimpers started to fill the room begging him for more, begging him to give me his all.

So that's what he did, he gave me his all. He started pounding inside me hard, my nails dug even deeper drawing blood. My hands smudged his blood all over his back, I could feel the warm substance covering my hand. Feeling his blood on my skin made this feel way more realistic, and way more us. We've always met each other in the bedroom, our love language is physical touch and for a while, that's the only way he'd communicate with me.

Tears filled my eyes because I know tomorrow we won't have this anymore, he'll be nothing but the past, or I'll be the past. His other hand wrapped around the back of my neck, he lifted his head from my shoulder and his eyes softened when he saw my tears.

He immediately slammed his lips on mine, he was trying to kiss away my pain but it wasn't working. So he deepened the kissing as hard as he could, my bloody hand grabbed his cheek trying to make the kiss even harder. His hips didn't stop thrusting against mine, I could feel the familiar euphoria feeling my body always has whenever we're together.

I don't want him to end this war but I know that he needs to, that he'll never find peace if he doesn't.

••
Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella
TikTok: @ ellasbooks_

Y'all aren't ready for the next chapter lol