The cylinder flew into his hands and transformed into a large lightning bolt, resembling a javelin.

"I sense the boy tells the truth. But that Ares would do such a thing... it is most unlike him," Zeus mused.

"He is proud and impulsive," Poseidon shrugged. "It runs in the family."

"Lord?" Percy interrupted. "Ares didn't act alone. Someone else — something else came up with the idea."

The gods listened to Percy describe his dreams of the pit and voice in the Underworld.

"You are accusing Hades after all?" Zeus asked.

A quick intense discussion broke out between the brothers at Percy's insistence that it was something darker. He couldn't make out any of it, save for the word father.

"We will speak no more of this," Zeus ordered. "You have done me a service, boy. Few heroes could have accomplished as much."

"I had help," Percy insisted. "Grover Underwood. Annabeth Chase. Rosalyn—"

"To show you my thanks, I shall spare your life. I do not trust you, Perseus Jackson. I do not like what your arrival means for the future of Olympus. But for the sake of peace in the family, I shall let you live," Zeus interrupts.

"Um... thank you, sir."

With one final warning, Zeus leaves to cleanse his lightening bolt. Alone now, Percy looked up at his father.

"Sir, what was that in the pit?"

Poseidon eyed him for a moment, before saying, "Have you not guessed?"

"Kronos. The king of the Titans," Percy muttered.

"Lord Zeus has closed the matter. He will not allow talk of Kronos. You have completed your quest, child. That is all you need do," Poseidon dismissed. "You must go, child. But first, know that your mother has returned."

"My mother?" Percy gasped.

"You will find her at home. Hades sent her when you recovered the helm. Even the Lord of Death repays his debts."

"Do you—"

Percy's voice cut out. He wanted to ask his father about Rosie, but he was afraid to know the answer.

"When you return home, Percy, you must make an important choice. You will find a package waiting for you in your room."

"A package?" Percy asked.

"You will understand when you see it. No one can choose your path, Percy. You must decide."

-

Fifteen minutes later, still in a trance, Percy was back on the streets of Manhattan. He called a taxi and headed straight for his mother's apartment.

She was safe. She had no memory after the Minotaur, which Percy was thankful for.

He found Medusa's severed head still in the box from Aunty Em's in his bedroom. Leaving it with his mom for safekeeping, with instructions to use it if she needed it, Percy set out for Camp Half-Blood.

His knee bounced the entire taxi ride. He had no idea what was waiting for him at camp.

As soon as the taxi rolled to a stop, he threw the door open and jumped out. Percy ran down the hill as fast as his feet would carry him. People called out to him congratulations or greetings, but he ignored all of them.

He saw Annabeth first.

"Percy!" She sighed in relief, smiling at him widely.

"Is she—?"

He didn't get to finish, because he spotted the exact person he'd been looking for over Annabeth's shoulder. Standing five feet away from him was Rosalyn Carter.

"Rosie."

She dropped the shield she had been holding in her hands and jogged toward them. He barely had time to process the fact that she was okay before she was tackling him in a hug.

He staggered backwards three steps before finding his balance and wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"You did it, Perce," Rosie laughed in disbelief.

The son of Poseidon said nothing, just squeezed her tighter. They separated, and Percy shoved his hand into his pocket.

"I think this belongs to you," he smiled, holding out her gold hair pin. Her eyes lit up at the sight of her beloved sword, and she took it from his grasp.

"Thanks for holding onto it."

An awkward silence settled between the pair. Annabeth rolled her eyes at them and crossed her arms.

"There's a feast tonight in our honor, Seaweed Brain. Don't be late."

They watched Annabeth walk off, before Percy turned back to examine Rosalyn's features.

"Are you okay? My mom doesn't remember anything, but you..." Percy trailed off.

"I'm okay," Rosie smiled.

Percy noticed it didn't quite meet her eyes, but he knew better than to press.

"If you need anything—"

Rosie cut him off, her eyes darting off to the side, "I know. Thanks, Percy."

Just as he thought they were about to experience another awkward silence, Rosie's brothers appeared.

"Ros, let's go!" A camper he vaguely recognized as Grant Prescott, a son of Aphrodite, shouted. Their brother Felix stood beside him. They were both carrying swords and shields.

"I gotta run. I'll see you around?" Rosie asked, flashing Percy a bashful smile.

"Yeah, of course."

Percy watched her go with a feeling of blissful relief. She was okay, and she didn't hate his guts.

He could live with that.