chapter 6

ok so I have no excuses, I am a terrible author, but as I said i will never give up on a story

I'm so sorry for not updating in a while but good news I passed my probation I am an official senior manager whoop whoop

also the first draft of my original story is almost complete,

They all just stand there frozen in place, nobody wanting to make the first move unsure of what comes next.

"Soooo," Jenna claps her hands together, standing she asks, "are we going to eat then talk. Or talk then eat. Or, or we could eat while we talk. Isabella said the cook, is making some crispy garlic chicken thingi, and I am quite hungry."

Jeremy smiles at his aunt's attempt to control the situation. "I could eat. And what is a meal without some awkward conversation, right?"

His grin is almost feral. Reminding Katerina of Kol, she holds up a hand still standing in the doorway, "You're a Mikaelson,"

"Was. I died; my death is actually the reason vampires exist. You're welcome." Katerina is still staring at him open mouthed as Jenna gently guides her towards the kitchen.

[kitchen]

Katerina is the only person in the room who seems comfortable with being served, both Jeremy and Jenna fight against it as their plates are placed in front of them. They choose to eat in silence, the staff may belong to the Mikaelsons but their loyalty may not extend as far as them.

Once they had finished their meal, they ask Isabella to take them to a room they can have a long painful discussion in, she takes them to the upstairs parlour, pointing out rooms as she goes.

Jenna takes extra interest in the room Isabella dubs Niklaus's art studio, even more so when she finds it's locked. Isabella looks troubled at the thought of her breaking into the room. Jenna gives her a breath-taking smile promising she won't enter without express permission.

[parlour]

Isabella stands in the doorway as they take in the room, enquiring if they need anything else. They all decline spreading out across the room Katerina heads straight to the bar pouring three glasses, Jenna doesn't even argue that Jeremy is underage, they're all going to need a drink or two, talking Jeremy's pasts is never easy.

They sat for a while in uncomfortable silence, until Jeremy blurts out "I'm an old soul,"

"That little Gilbert I had already figured out." she cuts him off, with a drole look over her glass.

"Had you also figured out that I am Henrik Mikaelson?" at Katerina's dumfounded expression he continues, "I'm the reason vampires exits, well my death is." He pauses taking deep breath, eyes glittering at the thought of all the suffering his sibling went through. "I was killed by werewolves, torn open," his hand strays to his stomach clenching his shirt absentmindedly "the last thing I remember from that day is the look on Niklaus's face as I died in his arms."

Katerina leans forwards whispering almost afraid of being overheard, "Do they know?"
"No, they don't he won't tell them, point blank refuses."
"They don't need to know, why dreg up the past." He throws his hands up, as he starts pacing the room. "it's an awful thing to do."
"No Jer it's an awful thing to live with, especially if you are around them."

He spins around anguish written across his face. "Then I won't be around them."

"WE are in his house Jer." Jenna is getting louder angrier at the situation they had found themselves in,

Katerina who had been silent until now intervenes filling up Jenna's glass guiding her back into her seat, "Baby Gilbert is right the last thing you want to do is make an original angry and bringing up their dead baby brother is a big no-no." Her eyes dart around the room afraid. "Actually I think we should just forget this whole conversation ever happened. Better safer, than tortured to dead by an Original"
"BUT.."