Chapter Thirty One

I was thinking about not posting tonight because I'm pretty tired, but I couldnt do that to you guys! Love you and can't wait for your comments xoxo

Harry is on his way to see Lottie. They have agreed to meet up on the coffee bar on the beach. It's still early so probably there won't be a lot of people around. He is so nervous. Lottie clearly wants to talk to him and Harry very much hopes it's not an attempt to fix their relationship, because he wants to tell her right now that there is honestly no future between them.

When he arrives he sees Lottie sitting, sunglasses in her blonde hair and dressed in a cute flower skirt and a white crop top. Harry used to feel a smile spreading on his face when seeing Lottie, thinking he has the most wonderful person by his side. Of course Harry still thinks she is a pretty girl, but that's it, nothing more.

Lottie smiles weakly when she sees Harry. She stands up and kisses his cheeks, wishing him a good morning and Harry does the same. They both sit down in silence for a bit until Harry breaks the silence.

"So, you wanted to talk?" he scrapes his throat and then takes a sip from his coffee he just ordered.

"Yeah, yeah I think we should. I think we even are too late to talk...." She sighs.

"What do you mean?" Harry looks up from his cup. He feels the uneasiness between them and he wishes he was with Louis now, kissing him and curling up in his arms.

Damn, even when he is with Lottie, about to have a very serious break up conversation, he thinks about Louis and his smile, his eyes, everything.

"When you asked me to marry you a couple of months ago, Haz, I was really happy."

"Me too when you said yes." Harry agrees.

"And I think the day from the proposal was the peak in our relationship because every day after that..."

"We were drifting further and further apart." Harry finishes Lottie's words. "I know, I noticed too, especially here in Hawaii."

"Hawaii has been a disaster for us, Harry." Lottie says. "Be honest, have you been happy in or relationship here?"

"I thought we were good together." Harry says and it's the truth, he did feel something for Lottie and he wouldn't have proposed to her if he was sure they wouldn't have stood a chance together. He was in love, he wanted to be with her, but he didn't know any better.

"But since we've been here, a couple that's about to get married... You shouldn't have kicked me out of the room and I shouldn't have been okay with it." Harry breathes out. "We should- We should want to spend every single second together and we don't."

"Indeed, we don't, and when we finally are together we fight. I- Harry..." Lottie's eyes start to tear and Harry offers her a tissue. "I never thought I would ever say this... I feel so sorry."

"It's okay, Lotts." Harry tries to comfort her. Damn, he isn't even close to crying himself right now. This is so bad. His fiancé is literally here about to dump him and the only thing he can feel is happiness that he doesn't have to do it himself.

"What do you want to say, Lottie?" Harry says carefully.

"You will always be so important to me." She sobs. "You made me feel valuable and loved. I will never forget that, Harry. It's just that- I don't feel that way anymore and I don't see us, I don't think – Harry we can't marry..."

The words are finally out, the ones they both have been dying to say. Lottie has been the one who is courageous enough to say it.

"I know...." Harry whispers. "We went too quick. I'm sorry, I was on this pink cloud and I think I kind of refused to see reality when I proposed. Now though, I see it too. We don't fit together as I thought we did. You are an amazing person Lottie and I hope to see you more but I agree, we shouldn't marry each other. I think we better break up."

"Yeah..." Lottie's voice is hoarse and she nods. "I think it's the best. I'm so sorry, Harry. I haven't been nice to you these past days and you don't deserve that. You deserve someone that loves you with all of their heart, make you feel special every single day and I know I haven't been doing that for a while."

"It's alright, we both believed in something that couldn't happen. We're both young. It's good that we have this talk now. Imagine if we were married and fighting every day. I'm proud of you because you did the thing I was too scared of to do, even though I wanted it."

"So you aren't angry with me?" Lottie asks.

"Are you angry with me?"

"I'm not... I'm just feeling sad but also-"

"Relieved." Harry finishes her off again and she laughs, genuinely laughs and it makes Harry smile as well;

"I'm sorry, it sounds rude when you say it like this." She laughs shyly.

"Truth can be rude."

"That rhymes."

"That it does." Harry laughs. "So, what are we? What's the plan? Are we going to tell the others already?"

"I already talked with Louis about this." Lottie says. "So I figure he is going to notice. You are a lot with him as well so- I don't think it's a good idea yet to tell everybody. It's five more days before we would marry normally. Maybe we shouldn't say anything right now, let everybody enjoy the boat trip and dinner later. We could maybe announce it after dinner?" Lottie suggests.

"I'm alright with that." Harry nods. "Yeah, my mom will probably have a heart attack if I tell her that she spend a few thousand pounds on this trip for nothing."

"It's not for nothing! It was a nice holiday after all, wasn't it? We can still enjoy till the end."

"It's so strange." Harry laughs, shaking his head. "We haven't talked like this in ages. The second we decide to break up our marriage we talk like best friends."

"Why do you think that is? Because I have been trying to have conversations with you but I just couldn't bring myself to do it and now it goes so smoothly." Lottie leans back in her chair, small smile on her face. The only sign of their break up there is, is Lottie's make up on her face.

"Maybe we knew deep down already that we weren't meant to be." Harry says, taking out his phone when he feels it vibrating. "And we just feel better know with each other knowing that we won't be stuck for the rest of our lives if that makes sense?" he says while reading a message from Louis.

How are things going? Are you alright? Is Lottie alright? Xx

"It makes sense. I do feel better knowing that I'm not tied down already. You are a good guy, Harry but not good to me in a romantic way, you get it? I love you but not as in- I want to marry you but I want to grab a beer with you on a Saturday night. "

"Oh, I get it." Harry nods, smiling at his phone. He loves how Louis is so worried about him. Only this small messages makes his stomach tingle. He is head over heels for him. "We're good like this, Lotts. We made a healthy decision together." Harry says while texting Louis back.

I'm coming back to the room now, I'll bring you tea and a muffin from the bar. Every thing went perfect, Lou. I'm no longer engaged and ready to be with you till the end of time <3