Chapter X

"What the hell did you just say?" You ask him, like a faucet that's been broken, as you feel immense anger crowding your mind. You've never been this irritated by something Brad has said before, and that's including his ritual roasting sessions. Despite your best effort to keep a poker face, you can see that he senses your spite.

"Yo, calm down. Just listen to what I'm saying." He tenses up a little and going by his tone, he is at least self-aware of what he's suggesting. Knowing that takes you off the edge, as you don't say anything, waiting for him to continue. Which he does-

"I know you two are like oil and water at this point, I get it. But, you know, I feel like you two should just sit down and have a nice talk."

"Man, you think that will-" you try to argue, but he cuts you off.

"Yes, I do think so. Mainly because you haven't tried it yet."

"Dude, I have tried-"

"Have you, though?"He further adds, letting you contemplate it further. When you think about it, you and Gabbie never really had a proper conversation. Every time you two spoke, the emotions were running high, at least on one side, or you were avoiding her to the best of your ability. Sure, it will arguably be a lot harder now, since she's back to being her bully self. But-

"Eggshells, dude, that's what you're telling me to walk on."

"And if the eggs start cracking, I'll come to pick you up." He is quick to reply.

"Man..." You try to argue with him, however, seeing that he seems ready for a comeback and a punchline, you just sigh in defeat and shake your head.

"Fine, whatever. But if you're wrong, then you take Gabbie on a date." You smirk seeing the surprised look on his face, and he immediately retorts-

"Nah, let me change my mind."

"Too late." You grin, feeling the previous pressure leave the room.

"Wanting to see another guy taking your girl on a date, didn't know you were a cuck, man."

"The fuck? Bitch, first off, Gabbie isn't 'my girl'! And second, my dick is bigger than yours and you know it!" You retort with a hysteric tone.

"Yes, but that's only by half an inch."

"And, WHY. DO. YOU. KNOW THAT?" You ask with uncanny disbelief.

"Well..." He deadpans, his face taking on a darker expression. He looks up at the ceiling as if recollecting a haunting memory of the past. When he looks back at you, one glance into his dreamy sea green eyes and you know this is where you should start listening without interrupting him.

"Ahem. Cue Outerstellar music- Long ago, a time which you probably don't have any memory of. We used to be brothers, and we had just reached puberty. We were thriving. We went around boasting of our superiority to others and stealing their beta girlfriends. We-"

"We did that?"

"Yes, and we did it with grace."

"Kinda hard to believe."

"Anyway, we thought we were unstoppable. Until one day you found out that my meat was one inch longer than yours. You felt betrayed and didn't speak to me for days. Since I was obviously the mature older brother here, I knew there was only one way I could make us equals again, and that is by chopping-"

"Ew, dude!" You cringe, clearly aware of the route his monologue was headed.

"You dare interrupt my backstory?"

"Yeah, cus that was disgusting!" You make an effort to project all your disgust onto your face as you say it. And he catches on quick, judging by his annoyed look.