xxiii | Sonder ❦ (16)

Mulai dari awal

"What the fuck are you doing here?" She asked, staring at him like he was crazy. Ain't no way in hell he just popped at her door unannounced after ruining her life earlier. She looked down beside him, spotting his suitcase.

He smiled innocently. "Hey Tee, I was uh wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me crash here— until tomorrow of course when they can place me in a new room."

She was immediately taken aback. "Stay here?! New room?! What the hell do you need a new room for?"

"Well... honestly? Mariah kicked me out after she found out that we had sex." He shrugged and looked her up and down before meeting her eyes again, smirking at her.

Taivon stared at him like he had two heads. "I—I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything girl she aite. She wasn't mad or nothing, she was more so annoyed with me. Which I understand, I just wasn't into her." He shrugged again.

She could only shake her head. "You're a mess Amiré. Why even bring that girl on this trip if you wasn't even into her?"

"I didn't wanna be alone," He admitted, looking around the hallway briefly. "But are you gone let me in or keep me out here?"

She sucked her teeth, unsure if this was a good idea. The last time Amiré showed up at her door, they ended up having sex. That seems to be the most consistent part of their up and down, weird ass relationship.

Sex.

It was the only time they could be completely vulnerable with each other, and she didn't like that. As good as sex with Amiré was, she was exhausted. They're relationship was based around it and she didn't like that. It was confusing and they never truly took an opportunity to get to know each other mentally or emotionally. Besides their few heart to hearts. They expressed themselves physically.

She loved a man she really didn't know.

She snapped out of her thoughts and met his eyes when he grabbed her chin, staring right into her soul.

"Why are you frowning?" He wondered and she quickly fixed her face, pushing his hand off her face.

"Look Amiré you can come in and stay till the morning but we're not having sex so don't even think about it." She said, stepping aside to let him in.

"Okay?" He raised his eyebrow and slowly walked passed her until he was in the room, turning around to look at her as she shut the door behind her. "I can tell that something's wrong with you Taivon so talk to me."

She sighed and crossed her arms, staring directly into his eyes. "Earlier was a mistake, I shouldn't have slept with you knowing that you didn't deserve that shit. You can't ghost me for 11 months, accidentally run into me, and just expect to have access to me the way that you did before. Like do you realize how badly I wanted to slam that door in your face just now? But I'm frustrated with myself because I couldn't. I know you don't deserve me and yet I continue to allow you to pull me back into your trap and fall victim to your ways. I genuinely cannot try to make you see me the way that I see you anymore. I am exhausted with the back and forth Amiré because you make loving you so hard when it should be easy. Amiré I love you and I wish that I didn't because it's so hard."

Amiré froze as he stared at her, completely shocked. He wasn't expecting to hear those actual words come from her mouth.

I love you.