xv | Sonder ❦ (10) 2/2

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

SKYLINE

Do you know what makes this world go around?AroundDo you know what makes this world go around?AroundThink it through, what it means to youAnd everything you do don't affect just you, ohI can't help but feel like I don't give a fuckBut just take th...

Around
Do you know what makes this world go around?
Around
Think it through, what it means to you
And everything you do don't affect just you, oh
I can't help but feel like I don't give a fuck
But just take this shit and blow it up
It's no wonder I feel stuck
Fuck what sent you aim, would you claim?
We all come from the same
And I don't know if it'll change
Do you know what makes this world go around?

•••••••

The Next Day | 5:58 PM

Beeping noise from the monitor was the only sound in room, while Amiré watched Taivon sleep peacefully in the hospital bed from the chair beside her. He was agitated as his leg bounced up and down, trying to control his thoughts that were running wild. Besides that noise, it was nothing but silence. The type of silence that Amiré hated because the only thing he could hear was his thoughts and his breathing. He's been sitting in this same spot for the past 2 hours, feeling like he was losing his mind.

All he could think about was the feelings that rushed through his body after receiving that phone call last night.

— Flashback —

"I'm not going to lie, since you've shown up things have been running a little smoother round here." Sincere smiled at him from the couch in his hotel room. He sat on his bed smoking a blunt, looking between her and the tv.

"Yeah?"

"Mhmhmm," She nodded, turning her attention back to the Knicks game. "It's a shame your stay is almost up, we've been having so much fun partner."

He chuckled and brought the blunt back to his lips, hitting it slow and long. Once he had enough pull he lowered the blunt and held it in a few seconds before blowing it out his nose. "Nah you ain't lying, it has been fun. It's crazy how different things are here from Austin. New York is definitely full of surprises, never a down moment."

"Yeah well so are you," She laughed, shaking her head. "One thing I didn't expect was for you to come here and catch all those bodies. That wasn't even supposed to happen."

He laughed along with her. "Girl I didn't plan on coming out here and any catching bodies at all. That's your fault for not telling me ahead of time I had to make all these business moves in the middle of a damn war."