Chapter One: An Adventure

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."

- JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

~~~~~~~~~~

"Miko! What are you thinking?!"

The girl in question groaned and looked over her shoulder when she heard Jack hiss behind her. Hiding behind a rock, she was going to watch the Autobots kick some tailpipe.

"I wasn't, okay? Get off my back, Jack."

The older boy knelt beside her. He resisted the urge to outright facepalm. "No, I won't. Who else is going to keep you out of danger?" he replied coldly.

Miko huffed, crossing her arms. "Leave my protection up to Bulkhead, thank you very much."

"Please, no fighting," Rafael pleaded as he sat down next to Miko. "We're already in enough scrap as it is. Especially when Ratchet finds out."

Jack softened his expression when he looked over at the youngest. "No worries Raf, we just have to tell the bots and they'll ask for a Bridge."

Miko watched this back and forth conversation and rolled her eyes. "I thought this was going to be an adventure? Now we're crawling back to base like some wimps?"

"Are you forgetting that we're about to end up in a firefight between aliens more than 100 times our size?"

"Details, details."

Raf sighed, hugging his knees. These two could go on for hours. He just wanted to return to base, so he could help Ratchet do something useful. Like track down his missing guardian.

Bumblebee had disappeared from their radar after a lonesome scouting mission. They feared that he had fallen into Decepticon hands.

The young boy could only fear for what Megatron was doing to his friend, and if he would get him back.

He hadn't even realized that he had zoned out until he snapped back to find his two friends still arguing. The conversation seemed to have shifted to whether they should move forward and find the Autobots or try and contact Ratchet on their own.

Miko seemed to be losing her end of the fight and as one does decided to righten that by simply running off.

So the boys had no other choice than to follow her, with all risks included. At least the Autobots should be close by.

They ended up in a larger cavern. Why does it always have to be underground? Jack wondered to himself.

The Autobots were already faced with some Vehicons that were guarding the mine. Not a major challenge for them.

Miko hid behind a pile of Energon cubes with a slight smirk. She took her phone from her pocket. "Let's see some carnage already," she cheered.

Rafael didn't want to see any Vehicons being torn apart. It reminded him too much of what could be happening to Bee right now. Or what could happen to any of them.

He watched Optimus lift a servo to his helm, receiving a comm request. Probably Ratchet asking if the kids were there. That meant that they would be back at base soon.

But before the bots could look around for their human friends, the Vehicons figured out that they actually had blasters and started firing.

"Woohoo! Go get them Bulk!" Miko cheered, throwing a fist in the air.

"Miko!" Jack hissed, "Do you want to get us discovered?" He pulled the girl back when a shot got fired in the direction of the pile they were hiding behind.