Chapter 5: The Tyrant Of The East

Start from the beginning

Bigweld flicked another switch and brought up a screen. "I thought of that," he said, as the screen switched on and displayed pictures of a large, sleeping green ogre chained to a wall. "So I sent a surveillance drone to the castle overnight. I got Mick to confirm the photos before you woke up... That's Shrek."

Garfield looked more closely at the photos. Shrek looked as if he had been tortured, and was covered in cuts and bruises. He clenched his fists in anger. "DIO..." He said to himself quietly. Mick put his hand on Garfield's shoulder, causing him to slowly relax his hands.

"We're going to save Shrek, don't worry." Said Mick. "And then we're going to make DIO pay." Garfield nodded his head. If this is how he felt, he couldn't imagine the rage Mick must've felt when he saw the photos.

"Now, do you two boys remember what I told you about DIO?" Asked Bigweld. Both Mick and Garfield nodded.

"Time stopping narcissistic vampire, I remember." Said Garfield. Bigweld smiled.

"Good. Now, there's one thing I forgot to tell you two about his ability. It's... Unlike anything I've ever seen before. It's almost as if he has a ghost following him, which he uses to attack. From all the footage I've observed of him fighting, it's almost as if he barely throws any punches himself. I'm not sure if it's an illusion due to his time stop, but it's something to be aware of."

Mick pondered for a while before gasping. "Wait a minute, I remember Shrek talking about an ability like that... A stand! That's what he called it! He used to tell me stories of one of his old teammates who used one..." He trailed off before looking at the photos again. He then turned to Garfield and Bigweld, who had the same theory as him. "You don't think... That was DIO?"

Bigweld rubbed his chin. "It's possible. I've rarely ever seen more than two people with the same ability in the Wasteland. Anyway, you won't have to wait much longer to ask him, we've arrived."

Mick and Garfield looked up to see that the skyline on the horizon had grown into a full city below them. Surprisingly, the city looked populated, with hundreds of humanoid figures walking across streets and in and out of buildings.

Mick sighed. "They're not humans, are they?"

Bigweld shook his head. "They used to be, until DIO turned them into zombies. They're the reason I had to leave." He slowed the ship down, letting it hover in the sky outside of the city. "I'm afraid I can't take you two any deeper. If any of them saw me, our plan would be compromised. I'd recommend that you two stay hidden on your way to his castle."

Garfield and Mick both nodded as Bigweld wheeled towards the exit of the control room and gestured for them to follow him. The two walked after him, both ready to save Shrek once and for all.

A few minutes later, the three of them were standing on the ship's deck, with a strong howling wind blowing through the air. Mick looked down at Garfield and tapped his shoulder, which Garfield quickly leapt up onto. He then turned to Bigweld and extended his hand. "So, this is it."

Bigweld smiled and grasped his hand, shaking it. "I guess so. Remember what I told you two, stay stealthy until you get to his castle then give him hell."

Garfield smiled as he and Bigweld shook hands as well. "We intend to, don't worry."

Mick's body started to glow as he hovered a few feet off of the ground. "Thanks for all your help. We'll get back as soon as we can."

Bigweld looked up at him and chuckled. "The pleasure's all mine. Good luck, boys." He said as the two soared into the air towards the city.

After a few minutes of observing their surroundings, Mick and Garfield landed on the roof of a commercial building and looked around. The ground below them was still teeming with DIO's minions, wandering aimlessly through the barren streets.