( 𝟎𝟔𝟔 ) threatened

Start from the beginning

Daryl didn't say anything back to Nate, knowing that he would just upset him, and with his emotions everywhere at the moment, he could get angry and ruin the peace with the others — he lowered down to the ground as Nate sat with his back to the tree behind him, hoping to get some sleep in before the morning fully came. Daryl sighed as he watched his brother slowly drift off, feeling a lot safer away from the other men and just with him; he didn't know what to do about the whole situation, but he knew one thing, and that was that they were never going to see their family again.

Nate had successfully fallen asleep whilst Daryl sat and waited for any animals to come into view so he could catch it; occasionally, he would glance over at his brother as he slept, and notice how he had a frown on his face even in his sleep, and that sight alone, upset him greatly, as he was battling his own demons. So he focused on the hunt in front of him, and for a few hours, he let Nate sleep, before finally setting eyes on a rabbit walking a few feet away, having not yet noticed the two men behind it — he shot the bow perfectly after a few seconds, the arrow hitting the rabbit straight in the stomach, but seeing another arrow shoot through the rabbits neck just before his had even hit. Daryl shout up, turning around to see the man that neither he or Nate liked, smiling at him with a weird look on his face, "What the hell are you doing?" He asked, giving the man a glare as he stood up.

"Catching me some breakfast." The man revealed, Nate slowly stirring in his sleep at the voices and slowly peeling open his eyes to see the man he despised, standing to the side of them and staring down Daryl with a look he didn't like at all. He stood up instantly, gaining the attention from the man who merely smiled at him, knowing that Nate didn't like him, but not caring in the slightest, as he just wanted the rabbit that he claimed.

"That's ours." Daryl told him, waving his hand to dismiss the man, walking back over to the rabbit in order to take out his arrow and hand it to Nate, ready to be cooked for their breakfast.

"My arrow's the one that hit first." The man retorted, knowing the rules and knowing that he had claimed it, hitting it before Daryl even got the chance to. But Nate didn't like that, he glared the man down, having sensed something off with the man since he first set eyes on him, and he didn't appreciate the man trying to take their breakfast, when they had been out here for hours. "Cottontail belongs to me." He added, watching as Daryl bent down to pick up the rabbit, pulling out his arrow and throwing the man's arrow to the side, not caring about it.

"We've been out here since the sun came up. That shit ain't yours." Nate spoke up, feeling sleepy as he had just woken up from a few hours nap, but sticking up for his brother since he had been the one to sit up for hours and catch this rabbit whilst he had a small nap to get his energy back.

"I saw you sleeping when I first got 'ere. Nothin' is yours." The man retorted, looking like he was squaring up with Nate for opening his mouth where it don't belong. "You see, the rules of the hunt, don't mean jack out here. Now, that rabbit you're holding, is claimed, boy." He carried on speaking up, watching as Daryl held the rabbit in his hands, Nate standing in front of his brother to the side, glaring at the man trying to claim what is theirs. "Claimed, wether you two like it or not. So if I were you, I'd hand it over. Now, before you get to wishing you two ain't even got out of bed this morning." He said, as Daryl began walking closer with Nate by his side, never leaving it.

"It ain't yours." Daryl snapped, finally getting in his face, knowing that there was no way he could take both him and Nate on, that, and they were much larger than he was.

"You know, I'll bet this bitch got you all messed up, hmm?" The man directed at Nate, having noticed that the man had been more hostile than Daryl since the first moment they all met, and he didn't like him one bit. Even Daryl didn't like the man's words about a girl messing up Nate's head, and he knew that it wasn't going to end well for him, "Am I right? Got you walking around here like a dead man who just lost himself a piece of tail." The man carried on, as Daryl tried to push Nate away from him and back to camp to cook their rabbit, but Nate didn't want any part of it, he didn't like this man's words, and he didn't even like the fact that he was thinking of Zoe unintentionally. He would kill him and rip out his tongue just for mentioning a girl in his life. "Must have a good'un. Tell me something. Was it one of the little'uns?" He asked, when Nate stopped Daryl from moving him any further — unknowingly to the two of them, the man actually knew Zoe, having met her before, just a few days ago.. "Maybe with some blonde hair.. Tiny girl.. Bad luck, since they don't last too long out here." He said, smiling when he realised that he was getting on Nate's nerves, and angering him to no end.