43- I Don't Want To Live

It goes dark again. Once more, I can hear a thump and stirrups swinging. That can't be Sabine. She would attack in broad daylight unashamedly.
Then who is doing this?
Is it me?

Light.
Lisa is laying to the side of Starshine, limp. Starshine screams. Lisa looks worse than Linda.

"Damn it, James! We're supposed to be killing their horses! Why can't you be useful for once?!" Jay yells from across the island.
How could she be so insensitive? "I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT THEIR HORSES!" I scream back to her.
Those horses didn't do anything.

But they did.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

I run to Linda. Lightning is still pouring out of me, and I can't stop it, but I need to focus on her.
I shake her. No response.
I put a hand to her forehead. She's burning up.
Linda groans. At least she's alive.

Was Sabine lying to save herself, or... Did James really do this? This is Sabine's power, making people sick and worsening their injuries... So how could he be able to?

Anne, next to Lisa, shakes her head solemnly. From the look on her face, I would think Lisa is dead.
But I squint, and I can see her breathing.

Suddenly, I feel cold, so cold. So cold that I feel like I'll die of hypothermia. But it's not normal, not like a winter day. It feels like this is the last thing I'll experience before I die.

Katja is standing over me. "You will," She smiles like a haunted doll. "To answer your question, The Chosen One bribed Garnok into letting James have use for our final battle. You know, he thinks this is your fault."
It feels like she's sucking the life force out of me. I place my freezing, shaking hands on Linda's side. I don't know how to help her.
"You're too late, Alex. We win." Katja snickers and walks away.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Lisa feels so cold yet so hot at the same time.
But not a good warm. A sticky, melting hot. Like she'll just melt into the ground. Like she's just a mound of lava. Like Pandoria.
I need to help her. But I don't know how. Aideen save us. Why did they have to take our healer..
Oh, Lisa. You're going to be okay. Somehow.

My head is spinning. Whoever thought it was a good idea to fight in Pandoria? Maybe the Dark Riders thought they'd have an advantage..
"Oh, we do!" Chiyo.
I hate that little weirdo. She joined the Dark Riders some time after I was rescued, and she wasn't even in our last fight. She's so overpowered.. How is she allowed to worsen the effects of Pandoria?

I can't imagine how James must feel. This is his first time in Pandoria, and under these circumstances... When I got up close he seriously looked like he was going to throw up.
But he looks fine now. Well, physically, I mean. Is he the one hurting Lisa and Linda? Because Sabine seemed angry with him after they got hit with the plague. But how?