xxi | Sonder ❦ (14) 2/2

Start from the beginning

She found herself glancing over to check on Amiré as she had done many times since the party started. He was across from her, sitting next to Sincere and her girlfriend Remy. He was completely shirtless now, still wearing those shades. She felt like he was wearing them so they couldn't make eye contact. He was joking around with them about something, wearing a huge smile on his face. The way his tattooed skin glowed in the sun, upset her.

She wanted to go over there and throw her drink on him, just because he had no fucking reason being that damn fine. Let alone having the audacity to still have such an affect on her body and he wasn't even paying her any attention.

"I think I hate him." She mumbled out loud without thinking. She didn't even care that he heard her.

Pryce, being the nosey man that he was, looked over to see she was looking at Amiré— who he recently learned to be her baby's father. He looked back at her and gave her the 'yeah right' look. "You definitely don't hate him."

She smacked her lips, cutting her eyes at him. "And how are you so sure?"

"You've glanced over at the boy at least 30 times now." He whispered, trying to save her from embarrassment.

She just groaned and looked over her ocean at the ocean. "Lord please don't tell me I've made it that obvious."

Pryce decided to not say anything at all so he didn't have to lie. "If it makes you feel any better, you've mugged him every single time so it's not like it looks good."

She slapped her hand on her forehead. "Just push me over this edge and don't tell anyone— wait never mind. I refuse to leave my son here to be raised alone by his toxic ass daddy."

Pryce raised his eyebrow. "Toxic? He's toxic?"

The way he fucked me and made me cum over and over again was toxic.

"I really don't know honestly. We never escaped the talking stage," She shrugged, taking another sip of her drink. "Ask his new bitch."

He chuckled. "You mean the girl whose not here?"

"You noticed that too? It's weird right?" She questioned, shaking her head. "I bet he probably has her somewhere tied up or something."

Pryce laughed out loud, not expecting that. "And why the hell would she be tied up? Was he into that or something?" He smirked at her.

Taivon quickly gasped, realizing what he was taking about. "First off nasty, I didn't mean it like that. We never did those things and honestly I don't think he's the type but then again— wait never mind ignore me." She blushed, squinting her eyes to force herself not to glance at him again.

Pryce started cracking up, bringing attention to them. Taivon's skin grew hot when she finally felt his eyes on her, slowly glancing over to meet his eyes. He had taken his shades off and was staring directly at her, biting his bottom lip.

She tried to look away quickly but felt trapped under his gaze. His eyes trailed down her body, setting fire to her skin. The sun was hot, but the way his eyes roamed her body made it even hotter. The white swimsuit didn't even help. She swallowed hard when he met her eyes again, watching a small smile form on his face. She was ready to smile back but he simply chuckled and quickly looked away from her. Clearly, still being petty.