Change of Plans 38

A/N:

Hello everyone. Sorry life has been hectic... So here's a summary of my dramatic life at the moment!

-Saturday was my Sweet Sixteen!

-I got in a huge fight with my best friend :(

-I got sick, again.

-I somehow managed to get a concussion!

-AND the production of the musical I am in is in a week!

Gahhhh! So life has kinda been INSANE! so that's why I bent written in a week :/ sorry guys. Hope you like this chapter, although in my opinion, it sucks. Tell me what you think! Hahaha :) love you all

OH BTW! my best friend thinks that I should try to get this published... What do you think???? Am I actually a good writer? Hahaha :) feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

*******************************

CHAPTER 37 REVIEW!!

Hayden's POV

We made our way down the hall and to the elevator and rode down to the lobby, all filled with groggy silence.

Dad ran to get the car while we waited in the lobby.

The Perry County Rehabilitation Center was pretty empty on a Monday morning. One new girl came in, most likely the girl to move into my old dorm room.

Dad pulled up the Odyssey, and they helped me awkwardly maneuver into the van.

He started off on the hour drive back to Roseburrow and I settled in for a long ride.

Sleep overwhelmed me, and I gave in to my drooping eyelids.

*******************************

CHAPTER 38

Xavier's POV

"Wake up sleepy head." I whispered in Hayden's ear, kissing her gently on the forehead.

She moved around a little in her seat and readjusted herself before resting her hands on her belt and falling back asleep.

"Come on baby. We're home now." I said, stroking her hand.

She groaned and turned away from me and I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

"Is she being stubborn?" her father asked, chuckling.

I sighed and nodded. I was exhausted, as was everyone else. Helping Hayden through rehab had not been a good experience.

With raging hormones and constant pain, she was terrible to be with unless she was completely drugged up.

Amy was fed up with trying to help her with her classes and her grumpy mood, so she had opted to go to school instead of helping to get Hayden home.

"We can let her sleep once we are inside." her father continued. He reached over and laid a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm tired." she complained, eyes still closed as she rolled over to face us again.

"Well let's go inside sweetie, then you can sleep." he said gently. "I'll go grab the wheelchair." he told me before jogging to the back of the van.

He returned in a few seconds and wheeled the chair right up to the van door.

"Here we go." he said, scooping Hayden up as she grumbled and weakly hit him, telling him to put her down.

He plopped her down in the chair and whisked her off toward the house.

I chuckled as I gathered her purse and closed the trunk and the van door, following them toward the house.

*************

"I don't want to go upstairs!" I heard Hayden saying as I walked in the garage door.

"Baby, it would be much more comfortable up in your bed." her mother told her calmly.

I walked cautiously into the den where Hayden and her mother were talking. Her mother's face creased, showing signs of aging as she sighed at her daughter's stubbornness. She rubbed her hands on her camel pantsuit and walked away from the window and over to the white leather sofa. Hayden sat by the sofa in the wheelchair and frowned at her mother.

"Hmph!" Hayden crossed her arms over her chest and put on her best pouty face.

"Sweetie-" her mother noticed me in the doorway and fell silent.

Hayden glanced over and saw me and flashed a huge smile at me. She turned to her mom, still wearing that ridiculous smile. "I'll go upstairs if Xavier comes with me." she said simply as if all her problems were solved.

Her mom left out a sigh of relief and smiled at me, stress somewhat leaving her face.

"Sure baby, that's fine," she smiled at Hayden weakly. "if it's alright with Xavier."

They both turned to look at me eagerly. "Uhm, sure."

"Yay!" Hayden said, clapping her hands together excitedly.

I walked over and pushed Hayden's chair towards their massive staircase.

"Thank you for doing this Xavier." her mom whispered to me as we walked towards the stairs.

"You're welcome." I told her with a smile. "Go get some rest." I told her with a laugh.

She patted me on the back and walked towards her room, leaving me alone with Hayden.

Carrying her up the stairs wasn't hard, but with her complaining the entire time, it made the trip interesting.

"Are we there yet?" she asked, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Almost baby." I said, fumbling with the door. Kicking it open, I walked in the door, gently laying her down before I went and closed the door.

I dimmed the lights with her little remote and walked back over to her.

She lay there atop her purple covers, serene and silent. She looked so peaceful laying there that I envied her.

But in a moment, the jealousy was gone and in it's place, love filled my heart.

We had been through so much together and gone through such unlikely events, and yet, here we were.

Through these times, our love had held us together.

Snuggling her in my arms a I lay down on the bed, one thought overwhelmed me.

Now was the time to do it.

I had been thinking about it for weeks. Worried and dread filled me each time the though entered my mind, and so I pushed it aside, waiting for the right moment to think about everything.

Now was that moment.

I would ask Hayden to marry me tonight.