Change of Plans 29

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry this chapter is so short! I didn't have much time to write :/ SORRY! :O I promise it will be longer next time! :/ PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!

*******************************

CHAPTER 28 REVIEW!!

Hayden's POV

"Are you scared?" Amy asked in hardly a whisper, leaning towards me and laying her head on my shoulder.

I don't know when, or why, or even how things between us had switched, but less than a year ago, I would have been the one looking for comfort from Amy, not the other way around.

Amy had always been my rock. When I cried, which was often, she was there, holding tissues and a soda, and offering up her shoulder.

But never had Amy been the one to fall apart. She was strong, the rock behind our friendship, the foundation which we built upon. But yet, here in the kitchen, with her head on my shoulder, she searched for comfort from me, as if I wasn't just my baby's mother, but hers also.

We sat there for what seemed an eternity after Amy whispered that question, until I answered with an even smaller whisper.

"Yes."

CHAPTER 29

Xavier's POV

"One more place, alright?" Amy convinced Hayden as I drove the girls down the road towards the boutique.

Hayden sleepily rolled over in the passenger seat of Mom's new Range Rover. Her tired eyes fluttered slowly open and she silently begged me to let her sleep.

"One more place babe." I whispered, reaching over and swiping the hair off her face gently with my fingers. I brushed over her face, down her jawbone, and down her arm, all the way to her belly.

A smile crept onto her warn out face, lighting up her eyes slightly.

Amy's shrill laughter filled the car as she and Blake flirted in the backseat.

I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw Amy, ever the flirt, stretching her legs out on top of Blake's.

"Xavier! Pull over here!" Amy yelled pointing wildly to the left where I pulled quickly into an empty parking space on the road.

"Hayde, they make dresses her, like right in front of you!" Any squealed after we had all exited the car as the two couples crossed the road, hand in hand.

The crisp October wind blew right through my thin shirt. I glanced down to Hayden, wearing my black North Face.

At least she's warm, I thought happily, smiling happily as I noticed her baby belly sticking out under the wind breaker.

Amy led the way up the steps and to the door of Darcy's Dresses. Blake held the door for the girls and I as we entered the boutique.

Lining the walls were different fabrics in a variety of colors and patterns. A few girls were standing on pedestals, fussing as the seamstresses worked the material around their abnormally skinny figures.

I sensed Hayden tense as Amy abruptly stopped, stock still in the middle of the boutique.

"What's wrong?" I leaned down and asked Hayden.

She jutted her head forward and I followed her eyes towards the back of the shop to where Jessica and Will were. Jess was standing up on the pedestal, a pair of bright red stilettos on her feet. She sported a low cut, short slutty red dress.

The four of us stood there, staring back at Jess and Will. Will suddenly stood up and walled over and joined Jess on the platform, pulling her into a disgusting kiss, his hands caressing her huge ass.

Hayden pulled me forward toward Amy and she took her best friend's hand in hers.

Hayden led the four of us toward the front desk, in the opposite direction of Amy's cheating ex, and walked straight up to the counter.

The woman behind the counter who looked to be in her mid-forties glanced over our group, obviously not seeing Hayden's stomach and smiled a rehearsed smile at as.

Definitely a kiss-my-ass smile that the rich customers received, I deduced and she looked at the girls designer purses.

"How can I help you beautiful ladies today?" she asked enthusiastically.

"My best friend and I," Hayden gestured to Amy and back to herself, "need the perfect dresses for our senior prom." Hayden finished with a smile.

"Ooh! How lovely!" the worker said, coming around the corner. "I'm sure we ha-" she stopped, mouth agape, when she saw Hayden's protruding stomach.

She continued forward slowly, still staring at Hayden's belly, as if her eyes were glued. She cleared we throat and began again, "I'm, um, sure we could get you two each a dress fit for a princess!" she finally pulled her eyes away from Hayden's stomach and looked her in the eyes. "Oh! Goodness! I didn't even introduce myself! I am Emily Darcy, the owner of this magnificent store!" she gestured widely around herself, flashing another customer smile.

"Great! I'm Hayden, and this is Amy." The three shook hands and Mrs. Darcy, Emily, led us all back to a large area, thankfully not close to Will, where there were two pedestals.

Hayden seemed to wake up a little as Emily and a few other workers brought out designs for multiple dresses.

"Here we go again." I laughed quietly with Blake as we got comfortable in the nearby chairs.