Honor Destroyed by Unknown Dark Forces Part II

...Hydosito prefecture

Reaching the base of Thisan peak, Hirisho dropped to the ground in anguish over his fate. Honor was very important in his world, and his was now gone. What will my family think when they hear of this? I must find this "shadow warrior" and make things right...but how can I get this "demon" to confess? How can I defeat this powerful sorcerer? I have never experienced one with such abilities, anguished Hirisho as tears welled up from the shame and fear inside. Darkness came over the mountain side as Hirisho lay on the hard ground looking up at the first stars to appear. The stillness of the night and the full moon that shown its comforting light helped calm his troubled mind as he finally drifted off to sleep.

Waking at first light, Hirisho walked to a small cave entrance in the hillside over the ridge. Sliding through the small opening, he continued about ten feet through a narrow tunnel that unfolded into an open chamber about fifteen feet in diameter and six feet in height. Tucked into the rocks on the other side of the chamber was a heavy cloth wrapped around some items. With just the very dim light coming from the opening leading into the small chamber, Hirisho was able to see enough to retrieve the wrapped items and push the bundle back through the tunnel he had just arrived in.

Back outside the cave, Hirisho knocked the dirt off his clothes and carried the wrapped parcel over to a flat rock. Slowly, he unfolded the cloth to reveal a sheathed sword, a bow with a quiver of arrows, and a sheathed knife.

Upon his first opportunity after arriving at Shogun Lyshido's training compound, Hirisho brought these weapons up to the mountain to hide away for safe keeping. Hirisho's father, Hanzo Hattori had crafted both the sword and the knife and had given them to his son as he was readied for departure with the Shogun's soldiers.

"I want you to have these, Son. I am so proud of you, and I hope you will find them useful in your new journey," said Master Hattori as he handed Hirisho the sheathed sword and knife that day.

"Thank you, Father. You honor me greatly with those weapons, and I will forever cherish them." Hirisho bowed deeply to the greatest man he knew before humbly accepting the gifts. Putting the sword, knife, and favorite bow and quiver in a Torusian pig hide, he then turned to his mother. Hirisho kissed his mother on the cheek and bid her goodbye before turning to leave the only home he had known since birth.

Returning to the present, Hirisho vowed, I will find a way to honor my family again. Father, I will make you proud of me again...and I will use your gifts to make everything right. He removed the beautifully crafted sword from its sheath.

The sun glistened off the razor-sharp steel blade just as it had during the demonstration performed from what now seemed so long ago. The blade whistled through the air as he began to perform the katas learned from his father when he was but a boy.

"Well, I see your strength and will are returning. That is good, my young apprentice. For you have a long and arduous journey ahead," said Master Lyricus as he approached Hirisho. The master gently put his hand on Hirisho's wounded shoulder. "Let me help with this."

Feeling the healing in his shoulder, Hirisho looked at Master Lyricus and exclaimed, "Master, thank you! It is so good to see you again." He looked down slightly. "I feel so much shame for allowing the shadow warrior to dishonor myself and my family. I hope you can forgive my weakness."

"There is nothing to forgive. This shadow warrior you speak of has had assistance from a very powerful entity. He is no different than yourself and can be overcome...but you will need to learn even more skills to accomplish your desire to defeat him and bring him to justice."

The master continued after Hirisho looked back up. "Along with the ability to manipulate time like you have begun to learn, this sorcerer has also mastered the ability to move himself from place to place in this reality we all share."