Chapter 9: Limitation

Start from the beginning

And to prove him right, the air was dispelled by the same person. Well, more like the same spell. All of them look at Alvaro either with gazes filled with hate or disgust.

"Why are you all looking at me like that? Weren't you all going to kill me at sight? I'm just protecting myself, what is wrong with that?" Alvaro opened his arms wide open, glaring at them.

When Alvaro paid more attention to them, that's when his eyesight came across the body of a knight. The initial attack was successful as there was absolutely no chance he was alive. Another of them was holding his burned arm as a light began healing it. Alvaro slowly walked towards them, ready to fight them back with all his might.

"I'll ask, do you have any intention to leave me alone?" A very futile attempt, but he still grabbed onto the chance.

"..."

"Like I thought..." Alvaro clenched his weapon, sighing softly.

I don't want to die.

Why did these thoughts fill his mind? For someone who had apparently lost everything dear to him, the lingering thought of wanting to live increased so much that it even surprised him. Was it just the human instinct to survive? Perhaps it is something else? Did he truly desire something so much that he would push himself for? So much that he feared the thought of dying a permanent death?

I—

"—!"

A piece of sharp metal, a sword pierced his chest, right through his heart. Immediately after there was another. No, that was himself, when one of them stabbed him, he immediately went to stab them. He pushed, twisted, the sword and then pulled it out, making blood flow out of the knight's back. The knight lost his grip on the sword, his body fell down.

As if I'll die like this, if I am then I'll bring you all down with me.

Alvaro stared at the lifeless body of the knight, his vision fading. The sword stuck on his chest caused his agony. His breath rasped inside his throat which was caused by his desperate attempt to live. As to mock him, the already immense pain multiplied at each try to breathe. Alvaro fought to keep his eyelids from shutting. Ultimately he failed as another knight swiftly took out the sword, his legs that could barely support, gave out on him.

Now that he thought about it, there was no evidence that he would come back from death. This could be the final death, and he wasted it.

Hahahaha...

I'm fucking useless.

Insults.

He could only insult his uselessness. Even his low expectations he set for himself were broken by how horrible they were. Why could he never do things right? Why did he have to make choices that left him with the worst outcome?  He cursed himself, knowing he deserves the worst for all of his actions. That's why he was dying like this.

Yet he clinged to life, not letting go, no matter the circumstances. He really was the definition of scum. Pathetically clinging to life although he knew he deserved this fate. Such a contradiction was fitted for such a person like him. His body lost its heat at an alarming rate. Death was near.

It finally caught up. He had died once again.

He gasped as the air filled his mouth. Although he was happy at living, hopelessness filled him.

I am back. I haven't died...but I'll do so if I don't survive.

Unfortunately, Alvaro couldn't catch a break since more suffering came his way. This time he sensed his back being slashed, Alvaro staggered at the nearing wall. Clawing the wall with all his energy. Another round of stabbing occurred with Alvaro now biting his lip. The pain stopped, an unknown liquid flowed down.

Alone in an Unfamiliar World On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara