He had been studying his own way, making time to take things out of the book and rewrite it on a piece of paper so he'd remember. He had so many strung on the walls of his room, it was slight bit obsessive with the amount of them but it clearly works as he has remembered everything he's learnt from it.

Whenever he wanted to know about a creature or something about the Twilight Forest from the first book, Mattias wrote a lot about the types of monsters in there. He came across swamp goblins which have a small fear of sunlight, meaning they only come out at dusk, or that centaurs are unable to do anything if you jump on their backs unwillingly. Another cool fact about werewolves in the book was that they not only have an aversion to silver, but a witches fire could incinerate it immediately, apparently, magic only has two foes that can actually rival against it.

The Reign cult, and the other was themselves, witches were often butting heads in the old days, causing them to fight to the death until only one witch was either devoid of magic, or dead.

But he had only looked at pages interesting to him, meaning all the writing often went amiss unless it was about weaknesses and strengths. He had a certain fascination with it recently, his only viewpoint was to try and find what made the hunters hard to track, he had been learning from the techniques in the other book, one of which was the tell-tale signs, the advanced planning ahead for what you choose to hunt.

But the hunters put no notion of how to defeat them in the book, even though they were monsters themselves.

Instead he had to go of clues in the book, and how it is told.

They often refer to themselves as cleansers of the worlds darkness, though they only put out that they seek to destroy them, instead of truly learning about them. Which Shaun found really stupid, all this planning to learn nothing but what justifies your means.

Shaun put that book down and walked into the kitchen, where Adrian was washing dishes from the night before, a small apron around his bulky waist that read. Kiss the 𝙲̶𝚘̶𝚘̶𝚔̶ Wolf. A large red line in the name cook, with sloppy pink paint spelling wolf underneath it.

"Nice apron Ade~" Shaun says with a smirk, Adrian shakes his head amused.

"What? do you wanna kiss the wolf too?"

"No!-" Shaun says in a hurry to get away before Adrian wraps him in a large hug, landing sloppy wet kisses all over his forehead, they both laugh as he protests, plopping him down and continuing to wash as the radio played in the background. Shaun wipes his face and head of his slobber with a small smile on his face.

"That was gross"

"That wasn't gross, its called love, get used to it" Alyssa says, budging by him gently, joining him at the table.

"Crumpets crumpets crumpets!" Adrian sings as he picks them out of the popping toaster, placing plates down for everyone as he places a few crumpets (a small bread made from an unsweetened batter, with butter)each for breakfast. Cara sits down and noticed Kyle and Zayne both weren't there.

"Hmm, did I hear Zayne leave the house before?"

"Yeah, he hurried pretty quick too..."

"Without Kyle?" Shaun asked with his mouth stuffed with crumpets covered in melted butter.

Adrian nods, finally sitting down and eating his own.

"Oooooooo, first fight, this is juicy" He said, though it was muffled from the food.

"Shaun, close your mouth, now"

He gulps and pulls a neutral smile.

"Sorry, ma'am" he says, eating properly now