𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

"Shardul, you phone has been ringing since last fifteen minutes." Ishika told him as soon as he came after the bath.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"I didn't check." she said passing him the phone.

"Shreyas?" Shardul murmured checking his phone, and called him back. "Everything alright?" he asked immediately.

"No!" Shreyas exclaimed over-dramatically. "Nothing is right."

"Kya hua?" Shardul sighed and rolled his eyes, because he knew from Shreyas' tone that it was something (un)important.

"Put it on speaker, I want to know. Kahin isse pyaar toh nahi hogya?" Ishika said zealously.

Shardul did so. "Yeah speak up." he told Shreyas.

"Do baatein. Number one. IPL ka schedule. Like in the very first match, they have put me against Mahi bhai." Shreyas said anxiously.

"So, you are not doing it for first time."

"Bhai! He is M. S. Dhoni."

"Why are you worrying so much then." Ishika interrupted. "Kuchh mat socho, haar jaana." Shardul gave her an 'are-you-serious?' look.

"Sach mein bhabhi man toh yahi ho raha hai. But... anyhow Number two. Mr. Shardul Thakur, thank you for not telling me, that you and bhabhi are in Palghar." he said sarcastically. "And bhabhi aapne bhi nahi bataya."

"Mujhe bhi nahi pata tha pehle." she said glaring at Shardul. "Aur tumhe inse naaraz hona hai toh, I am with you."

"Iss se toh bhabhi, mujhe yahi umeed thi." Shreyas said, and Shardul knew that he too is throwing glares at him mentally. "Pata hai bhabhi, merko literally regret ho raha hai, I am not in DC. Kitna maza aata, aap bhi hote iss baar."

"Its okay, changes are important. Be adaptive to them." Ishika explained.

"But aap jaa rahe ho na, pakka jaana DC family is fun." he said. "Shard, you are only getting maafi if you take her."

"Its her choice." Shardul said.

"Bhabhi ki choice toh merko support karna hai." Shreyas said confidently.

"Guys, I am supporting all of you." she said. "I can't support just one."

"Come on, this is not done." Shardul said teasing her.

Ishika rolled her eyes. "Okay fine, see you on 27th." Saying this she got up from her place and went outside.

Shardul disconnected the call and went to check on her. He found her sitting in the living room with a frown.

His mother came by them. "Kuchh bola tumne usse? Itni udaas kyun hain vo?"

"Aaii? Terko lagta hai meri himmat hai main usse kuchh kahun?" he asked.
"Jaake puchhta hun." He went to her, and just sat quietly beside her.

After a minute of silence, Ishika spoke up.
"See, its very easy for you guys. You are representing a team, and its your moral duty. But for me, it isn't that simple. My relations are complicated. How can I support one of you, when you all are equally important, be it you, Rohit bhai, Virat bhai, Mahi bhai, or Shreyas. How can I choose one and not the other?"

"I understand.. You know right, we were just kidding." Shardul explained.

Ishika just shook her head.
"I want to see the beaches around. Kal toh main chali jaaungi." She said changing the mood around.