Chapter 2

Theo and Daokta are seriously amazing ^

It's time to leave my apartment and meet Shauna, Zeke, and Lauren in the cafeteria. I walk into the cafeteria ad see them sitting at a table. Shauna and Lauren are sitting next to each other while Zeke has the seat next to him saved for me. I sit down with Lauren right in front of me.

"Are you excited for tomorrow, Four? Uriah won't shut up about it. I mean, it's obvious he is........." Zeke starts to ask me as I sit down. I tune him out of my mind and start thinking about tomorrow, when all of the initiates will try to become official Dauntless members.

Lauren and I are going to train them this year. Last week we decided that I would train the transfers and she would train the Dauntless born. We have also decided that we would do physical combat first and then the fear landscapes. Lastly, of course, they would go through their fear simulations in which they will face all of their fears in order. Only Dauntless leaders get to watch them go through that, but I will be monitoring them going through their practice landscapes.

"Yeah, Lynn is pretty excited too." I hear Shauna add as I finally snap into real life.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about their siblings. Shauna has two siblings; Lynn and Hector and Zeke had one; Uriah. Uriah and Lynn will both be choosing what faction their going into tomorrow at the choosing ceremony. Currently they are being tested to see what faction they belong in. Either that or they are sitting in the school cafeteria with the rest of the other sixteen-year-olds from their faction, waiting to be tested.

I reach across the table to grab a banana muffin and place it in front of myself. Zeke and Shauna are still talking about their younger siblings and Lauren is slowly drinking something. I break off a piece of the muffin and pop it into my mouth. I quickly glance at both Zeke and Shauna and then look back at Lauren, giving her a look that says, " Zeke and Shauna are totally in love with each other but they are both too much of a chicken to admit it." She looks back at me and slowly nods her head, obviously getting my message.

" So," Lauren starts, slowly turning one of the three silver rings above her eyebrow. Her long, brown hair is tied back in a ponytail. " Do you I will be training Uriah or Lynn tomorrow?"

"Yeah, you will probably have Lynn, at least. She has been making it pretty obvious that she is staying in Dauntless, sadly." Shauna answers. She, like Lauren, also had long, brown hair but hers is left down. She laughs a little after the " she is staying, sadly" part letting us know she was joking. Sisterly love.

"Uriah better stay, at least I hope he will." Zeke says. I know how important Uriah is to Zeke. He isn't just a brother to Uriah; he is more like a father. After their actual father died, Zeke basically became the new one. I've only meet Uriah a few times, but when I did he defiantly seemed like the Dauntless type.

Siblings aren't exactly something I would know anything about. When I was six my mother, Evelyn, died of a miscarriage, at least that's what she told everyone. A few months ago she sent me a coded message telling me to meet her down by the train tracks. I didn't think she would actually be there, but surprise, she was. Turns out she had faked her death, ran away, became the leader of Factionless, and had an affair with some dude. I was defiantly mad at her, but only for the fact that she ran away. You see, my father, Marcus, who also turns out to be the leader of the government, was very abusive to both me and my mother. He would lock us in closets, whip, and hit us. Why couldn't she have brought me with her? Instead she left me with her worst enemy for more than ten years.

The newspaper reports that Erudite writes about Abnegation are always fake. They usually include something about Abnegation hoarding goods or something like that. Erudite once reported about how Marcus was an abusive, that tabloid actually being accurate for once.

"Yeah, I'm sure he will. I mean what other faction would he fit into?" I ask Zeke.

"Thanks," says Zeke. " So, Four, do you want to do anything today? I mean we all have a day off and after this you'll be pretty busy for the next few weeks."

"Ummmmm, sure I guess." I say. I don't have any plans and it's true, I won't be able to hang out with Zeke for a while after tomorrow.

" Want to go..... zip lining?" he asks, chuckling.

"Zeke...." I warn him. He knows that I am terrified of heights, being one of the only people that know that. I still feel bad that I have never trusted him enough to tell him about Marcus, but I don't think I will able be able to trust anyone enough to tell them that.

" You know I'm kidding." he says.

" I know. We could always have a shoot-off for old times sake."

" For old times sake? What are you my mother?" Zeke asks.

" Yeah, that's me, Hana Pedrad." I answer.

" You wish you were my mom." he says. " Sooo, shoot off?"

" Yeah. I'm going to kick your butt, though, just so you know." I say.

" What ever you say, Ms. Pedrad." he jokes.

Zeke and I head to grab some guns and ammo and then hop onto the train, leaving Lauren and Shauna to probably gossip, or whatever girls do. By gossiping I mean Lauren trying to force Shauna she likes Zeke.

We hop off of the train and arrive at an old abandoned building near the factionless sector. It feels weird knowing that I'm this close to my mother and I don't exactly enjoy the feeling.

We head into the building which I filled with papers and computers, probably an old office building. Zeke and I take turns pointing out far-away objects for each other to shoot. We do that for a little while until I decide to go home and spend the rest of the day to myself, mostly being contained in my apartment. I also go to bed early that night so that I'm well rested for tomorrow. Heaven knows, I probably won't have a full-nights sleep for the next few weeks.